Poll: Who should Racing Point pick to partner Moneybags? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perez
83.33%
83.33%
Vettel
0%
0%
Other
16.67%
16.67%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Perez or Vettel

Simple question as the title says, if you were in charge of Racing Point, who would you pick? It's seemingly between Perez and Vettel, but I've put other in as an option to allow for weirdos.

I voted for Perez, as I'm approaching it purely from a "who deserves the seat most" perspective. Having said that, I can see why Stroll Snr would want Vettel in the team and I think it is probably already a done deal.

I've the same view as Morini, Perez does "deserve the seat" but I can also see why they would want a WDC in their car, as we all know life can be cruel & we don't always get what we deserve.

I've voted for Perez even though I reckon Seb's signed already, I'm hoping Perez will get the Red Bull seat.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Seems we all agree on this one.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Well after today's race I'm not sure I'd want Vettel as a reserve driver. I thought we'd all be in agreement though.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

There is something not right at that team. Yes, Vettel drives like a potato these last couple of weeks and today was terrible, starting with that weird spin at the first corner. But you can't tell me that a driver like Vettel, who won four championships, suddenly lost all his driving skills.

It seems to me that something is wrong with that car of him in the first place. Then second it seems Vettel is verry frustrated and seems even down at times. He is not happy there at Ferrari (logical looking at how they thanked him for his services).
I believe communications in that team are not going well and motivation on team and driver are lacking.

Top it all of with the usual shite strategy of Ferrari (okay, did the right thing today with one car, but often do stupid or tricky stuff like they did with the other car today) and you can be sure that driver will keep falling down further and further. I mean, why put Vettel on hard tyres for 10 laps and then on medium for 20 laps?

No, I still think Vettel would be a decent choice for Racing Point, although this driving is not helping his case.
Maybe they do the right thing and keep Perez.
Vettel can retire as driver and become a commentator or something. Or another Rosberg...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(09-08-2020, 06:30 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  There is something not right at that team. Yes, Vettel drives like a potato these last couple of weeks and today was terrible, starting with that weird spin at the first corner. But you can't tell me that a driver like Vettel, who won four championships, suddenly lost all his driving skills.

You are right Anti. There is more to this than meets the eye. I can understand Vettel having the odd "off weekend", but he has been nowhere this year. There is something different in the equipment they are giving CLC compared to Vettel.

I have always been Vettel's biggest critic, but he is not this shit!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Well, we know for Hungary, and the British GP Leclerc had a new floor that Vettel didn't get. I would have thought he would have had it fitted this week, but maybe with lock down and Binotto trying to justify the shitty way he treated Seb they are sabotaging him. Vettel is way better than this, no question. It's really sad watching him right now, he's the sort of person who wears his heart on his sleeve, and right now it's hard not to feel for him.

(09-08-2020, 07:58 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well, we know for Hungary, and the British GP Leclerc had a new floor that Vettel didn't get. I would have thought he would have had it fitted this week, but maybe with lock down and Binotto trying to justify the shitty way he treated Seb they are sabotaging him. Vettel is way better than this, no question. It's really sad watching him right now, he's the sort of person who wears his heart on his sleeve, and right now it's hard not to feel for him.

I understand what you are saying, but everytime you feel bad for Vettel, just think this; the young and healthy guy has a dream job driving the most fantastic equipment (only not this year), is a multi millionaire, has a loving and healthy family, won four (!) world championships, had the oppertunity to build up a F1 team like Ferrari just like his hero Schumacher (only he failed), etc.
No need to feel sorry for the guy, he has a nice life.

By the way, just saw Binotto getting back at Vettel in public. For sure that relation is over.

(09-08-2020, 08:08 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  By the way, just saw Binotto getting back at Vettel in public. For sure that relation is over.

Really? Where did you see that Anti?

At this rate I can see Seb leaving before the season is over.