RP20 Vs W10

(12-08-2020, 12:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(12-08-2020, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  and what engines will McLaren be using next season? Wink

Yeah we were smiling at this this morning, waiting for the press release from McLaren & Williams.. 
"Mercedes had nothing to do with this decision" Haha  Wink

McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl has denied Mercedes has influenced their decision to withdraw from the Racing Point appeal process.

Oh....... really?   Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

As I said previously I didnt really follow the f1 weekend so forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere....

A former Formula 1 team principal has made new claims over how Racing Point ‘re-engineered’ last year’s Mercedes to create its RP20.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/17/form...-show-car/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2020, 02:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  As I said previously I didnt really follow the f1 weekend so forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere....

A former Formula 1 team principal has made new claims over how Racing Point ‘re-engineered’ last year’s Mercedes to create its RP20.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/17/form...-show-car/

Seriously? Why do these sites publish this shite apart from click harvesting? Who the hell cares what some mudslinger with a beef has to say anyway?

The question I would ask is what to Mercedes gain by giving their IP to another team? Nothing, that's what.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

LOL, yeah he and Toto do have some colourful history, do you remember him "blackmailing" (as Toto put it) when he recorded Toto lashing out and making quite a few disparaging remarks about the Merc top brass some years back?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2020, 03:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  LOL, yeah he and Toto do have some colourful history, do you remember him "blackmailing" (as Toto put it) when he recorded Toto lashing out and making quite a few disparaging remarks about the Merc top brass some years back?

Exactly.

Until I see Kolles backing up what he says in court then I'd be inclined to take it all with a humongous pinch of salt. They should be ashamed of putting that article in the public domain. Have I mentioned at all that I hate the motorsport online press?  Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-08-2020, 03:25 PM)morini Wrote:  Exactly.

They should be ashamed of putting that article in the public domain. Have I mentioned at all that I hate the motorsport online press?  Wink

Thing is imo they are well within their rights to publish that article as they are only regurgitating what Kolles actually said on TV

"In an interview with German television channel Sport 1 on Sunday Colin Kolles alleged the team received a wind tunnel scale model and show car from Mercedes."

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2020, 05:32 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Thing is imo they are well within their rights to publish that article as they are only regurgitating what Kolles actually said on TV

I wouldn't be quite so sure about that one, regurgitating is no excuse if it turns out to be unfounded. What Kolles said is (potentially) slander, what "racefans.net" published would be libel. Two different things. At the very least they are on shaky ground, legally.

I hope they've got good lawyers.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(17-08-2020, 05:48 PM)morini Wrote:  I wouldn't be quite so sure about that one, regurgitating is no excuse if it turns out to be unfounded. What Kolles said is (potentially) slander, what "racefans.net" published would be libel. Two different things. At the very least they are on shaky ground, legally.

I hope they've got good lawyers.

To be honest M, I wouldnt have a clue in that respect.....what Kolles said is on him, but I would think if they (race fans) only report what he said would they not be fine legally?.....like I said I havent a clue about these things.

edit: Either way, he does come across as a bitter bellend

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2020, 06:32 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  To be honest M, I wouldnt have a clue in that respect.....what Kolles said is on him, but I would think if they (race fans) only report what he said would they not be fine legally?.....like I said I havent a clue about these things.

edit: Either way, he does come across as a bitter bellend

I'm definitely no expert on this stuff either. What I would say though, if I ran / edited a website like the one you linked to (which is just another advert driven tabloid rag IMO) I would be very careful to substantiate everything I printed. Just because a guy said it on TV doesn't make it safe to put in print.

If I put myself in Mercedes position and these claims turn out to be unsubstantiated I would make a point of greasing up my lawyers and going after the sites who published. Basically, they need to be held accountable for what they print. There is enough fake news in the world since the advent of social media without these cheap "editorial free" motorsports sites which crop up left right and centre.

Yes, you are correct though, the guy does come across as a bitter bellend.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Finally...... irrefutable evidence of Mercedes bosses showing Racing Point around their factory & car in Brackley  Tongue

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post