RP20 Vs W10

The rear ducts are the ones which looked the most similar though Morini. I happen to think RP might have purchased different parts as well, and we may see more complaints. The issue for me though is in IP law, as that's seemingly what the FIA are basing their decision on. However, RP legally acquired Mercedes IP and designs. F1 teams have been doing that for over a decade now. RP aren't using Mercedes 2020 designs, they acquired the 2019 designs legally, have used them legally (all according to the FIA), but it's illegal. What is? This whole nonsense about car DNA is bollocks too. Ferrari drastically changed their 2019 concept, from the previous year, and essentially "borrowed" design elements from both RBR and Mercedes in a sort of frankencar with an illegal engine... was that in Ferrari's DNA? It's bonkers. We have Alfa Romeo, Alpha Tauri and Haas all driving with parts purchased last year, that were not on their cars previously, but because they've been doing it longer it's part of their DNA? Erm... OK then... Can the FIA show me the F1 DNA regulation please? Oh, you mean it doesn't exist!!! Then what the F is your ruling based on?
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yeah, it's a horrible shitshow.

Boiling everything down, it makes F1 look kind of stupid to your average fan. If someone like yourself, who watches the sport in great detail, is confused by the "ruling" then how the f*ck is your normal fan supposed to understand what's going on here?
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Honestly Morini I don't know, I spent a good chunk of yesterday trying to understand a breach that wasn't a breach and ran up against a French legal concept which amounts to being a little naughty but not totally nasty... and thus the slap on the wrist punishment. I've asked a friend of a friend to help me out, someone who practices French corporate law. His response this morning? "I am non-plussed" he's apparently a Motorsport fan and can't wrap his head entirely around what RP have technically done wrong. He's says it might fall into the being a bit naughty category, but if so a warning about future conduct and clarification of rules is normally what happens, but RP have been punished which suggests a technical breach, but the FIA have given no evidence of a technical breach and waffled on about car DNA. Well, sorry, but WTF. If a French Corporate lawyer and an F1 nerd don't get it I have no idea how the hell a normal fan is supposed to get it. That's not me being arrogant or snobbish, and if it comes across like that I apologise, it's just how I see it. It's, to quote my late grandfather, more FIA bollocks.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Adam Cooper: Ferrari is the first team to formally confirm that they are pressing on with the appeal on the RacingPointF1 brake duct case. The five teams involved have until tomorrow AM to confirm or drop out. Renault has also gone ahead with the appeal, so two confirmations thus far.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Williams confirms it will not proceed with an appeal against the FIA's Racing Point ruling as has McLaren.....So, only Ferrari & Renault are pushing forward now....can anyone remind me what engines Williams use? .....and what engines will McLaren be using next season? Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-08-2020, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams confirms it will not proceed with an appeal against the FIA's Racing Point ruling as has McLaren.....So, only Ferrari & Renault are pushing forward now....can anyone remind me what engines Williams use? .....and what engines will McLaren be using next season? Wink

Bored by all this now.

Not least the "ironymeter" has just broken its spring.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-08-2020, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams confirms it will not proceed with an appeal against the FIA's Racing Point ruling as has McLaren.....So, only Ferrari & Renault are pushing forward now....can anyone remind me what engines Williams use? .....and what engines will McLaren be using next season? Wink

Yeah we were smiling at this this morning, waiting for the press release from McLaren & Williams.. 

"Mercedes had nothing to do with this decision" Haha  Wink

Thing is do Ferrari remember helping out Haas?  Quote Jenson "Hass's white car was really red"

Wonder "If" the Ferrari team can see the other F1 fans "raised eyebrows" in this complaint, seeing as last year's....um "misunderstanding" has been brushed under the carpet.

Red Bull have some neck as well, its not like Red Bull help Alpha Tauri is it?

Red Bull boss Christian Horner says that Mercedes could be a guilty party in the Racing Point brake duct case, which is set to go to the International Court of Appeal.  (MotorSport)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Been reading Racing Point have also confirmed to the FIA their intent to appeal the verdict regarding their brake ducts

(12-08-2020, 12:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah we were smiling at this this morning, waiting for the press release from McLaren & Williams.. 

F1 wouldnt be F1 without a good bitchfest every now and then  Wink

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-08-2020, 12:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(12-08-2020, 12:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah we were smiling at this this morning, waiting for the press release from McLaren & Williams.. 

F1 wouldnt be F1 without a good bitchfest every now and then  Wink

Cracks me up mate, year after year they "all" behave like a bunch of kids don't they, still it gives us fans a bloody good laugh.   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-08-2020, 12:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Red Bull boss Christian Horner says that Mercedes could be a guilty party in the Racing Point brake duct case, which is set to go to the International Court of Appeal.  (MotorSport)

Yes Paps, that is the very same clickbait article I was alluding to in the Lance Stroll post earlier. Headline, article and lack of context all designed to provoke a reaction and then they rub their hands with a kickback from the evil ad firms for every hit to that page (lots of, with the "fans" bickering under the text). Exactly what Sky used to do on their F1 section, truth be told. Besides, if Horner really did say this (not convinced he did) then the only response I would offer is "Hey, Horner, STFU and do your talking on the track".

I hate the way the F1 "press" go about their business online. Really boils my p*ss!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post