RP20 Vs W10

(07-08-2020, 05:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:  The whole thing about this that bothers me is that surely all this should have been cleared up BEFORE the season started. 

Hi Neil, because its Formula 1 mate, they have to keep up the decades old tradition of over complicating & F@cking things up.   Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(07-08-2020, 05:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think this is pretty petty.

F*cking A!

Just get out there and race (you bunch of whingeing shitbags) Laughing
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Ferrari to appeal against Racing Point fine in 'copying' row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53698785

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(07-08-2020, 09:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari to appeal against Racing Point fine in 'copying' row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53698785

I despair. It could only happen in F1. What a shit show they have created here.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Renault and Mclaren have joined Ferrari in lodging an intention to appeal the decision made on Racing Point. It seems 2 further teams are contemplating to do the same tomorrow morning before 9:30am

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

^^^ After yesterday Toto's gonna go.... Boom lol.     Bomb       Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Right... so I've looked at the FIA's ruling on RP, and... it's a f***ing mess. They're saying that RP acquired the Mercedes break ducts legally mid way through the 2019 season. So far so good, but because they didn't put them on the 2019 car that it wasn't part of the teams DNA going into 2020. WTF. I'm sorry but that makes zero sense. The break ducts on the RP are the 2019 Mercedes spec, in my original comment that started this whole thread I brought that up because it was clear they were the same. I'd assumed they'd copied them and thus were legal, or acquired them the year before, which would have been legal too, but now the FIA is saying it is not. So Alpha Tauri, Haas, Alfa Romeo can keep their year old break ducts from their parent teams but RP can't, because they didn't use them on the 2019 car... Jesus this is a mess and the FIA tried coming up with a compromise solution to keep Renault happy, but have just opened a whole new can of worms, because essentially the FIA are saying RP are using Mercedes IP which breeches a technical regulation... but then Haas, Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo are in the same position, because they didn't use the current spec of break ducts on their cars last year either... oh God, losing Charlie Whiting was a bigger blow to the sport than we thought. I can't pick apart the decision at all because it contradicts itself. They've essentially said RP did nothing wrong, but that using last years designs on this years car was a bit naughty, but not technically a breach, soooo... I don't get it. Maybe because it's all based in French law, but genuinely this seems like some hippy dippy shit trying to make everyone happy and to just get them to just get along m'kay, that is going to blow up in the FIAs face because it is way too ambiguous now. If I were RP I'd be pissed off... Yet were I the other teams I'd also be pissed off. This was not a decisive ruling.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-08-2020, 09:59 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  This was not a decisive ruling.

No shit? Laughing

The most ironic thing is the pictures which stated this all off (of the front ducts, incidentally) don't even look identical in the photos. Turns out it is the rear ducts which have been deemed illegal, not the fronts. If they are illegal then fair enough, that means RP can't use them this year doesn't it? No, apparently not! F1 being F1 the FIA declare the ducts are ok and don't contravene any technical regulations. It just doesn't make any sense. The are either legal or illegal, can't be both. FFS!

F1 and the FIA are a laughing stock yet again.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

5 teams officially protesting now,.....Ferrari, McLaren, Racing Point, Renault and Williams

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(08-08-2020, 10:14 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  5 teams officially protesting now,.....Ferrari, McLaren, Racing Point, Renault and Williams

What exactly are the other teams protesting? FP being found guilty or the fact they are allowed to use the illegal parts?

Neither makes sense to me.