2020 Australian GP - event cancelled

How it comes down to the need for big Boss Chase to have a chit chat is baffling...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-03-2020, 10:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just read one of the 2 seaters has crashed

What are the two seaters doing out there if the event is cancelled?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(12-03-2020, 10:25 PM)morini Wrote:  What are the two seaters doing out there if the event is cancelled?

From what I have read even if the f1/f2 is cancelled the other support races and events will go ahead as planned

@ChristineAhern: I asked Paul Little (Chairman of the Aust GP Corp) is Melb GP going ahead he said “yes” he then put me onto his media advisor who told me GP proceeding as planned for next three days, gates open 845am. I repeated it saying I am about to go to air with this info am I right. The reply “yes” @TheTodayShow

Sounds like the right hand doest know what the left hand is doing Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-03-2020, 10:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  From what I have read even if the f1/f2 is cancelled the other support races and events will go ahead as planned

In which case it makes no sense whatsoever to cancel the F1. Unless of course the teams have decided to call it off because of McLaren withdrawing. I can (kind of) understand that, but it isn't going to help the coronavirus situation one bit. They might as well see the event through as the fans are going to be at the circuit regardless.

They should actually be cancelling all the support events and doing the main event behind closed doors. Sky are going to get backlash about subs, that's for sure. It isn't exactly good value to start with, let alone only getting a subset of the races.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-03-2020, 10:34 PM)morini Wrote:  In which case it makes no sense whatsoever to cancel the F1. Unless of course the teams have decided to call it off because of McLaren withdrawing. 

I read teams voted, the result was 5:5

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(12-03-2020, 10:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  @JennieGow: Chase Carey is in the process of landing from Vietnam

Whats the chances he has a high fever & a cough.....     Shutup   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Almost 9am in Melbourne and still nothing on f1.com other than the McLaren withdrawal. Hesh is right about the Sky planner / coverage though. guide has a load of re-runs instead of P sessions.

@andrewbensonf1 confirms on @5liveSport that Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have flown home.

(12-03-2020, 10:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  @andrewbensonf1 confirms on @5liveSport that Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have flown home.

F*ck this!

I'm really depressed now. I know that sounds shallow and uncaring, but I don't mean it like that. Been looking forward to the F1 starting back up all the way through a miserable winter. The biggest irony is there is actually little point in calling it off so late. The damage is done and not running the race accomplishes nothing.

Not touched a drop of alcohol in 2020, but at this point in time I am sorely tempted to crack open a bottle :-(
[+] 3 users Like morini's post