2020 Australian GP - event cancelled

(12-03-2020, 09:12 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Whilst some media outlets are reporting that the Australian Grand Prix is cancelled, I can confirm that is NOT the case. Yet. We've been told that unless we hear otherwise in the next 30 minutes, we're heading in. Meeting currently taking place to decide our fate[/size][/color]

You couldn't fucking make it up!

They don't know their arse from their elbow, really.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Reading Media in Melbourne have been up all night awaiting for the announcement, could have the next level delirious reporting should it still be a goer, lol

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-03-2020, 09:19 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Reading Media in Melbourne have been up all night awaiting for the announcement, could have the next level delirious reporting should it still be a goer, lol

Haha Big Grin

If it is a goer then Benson (and Craig Slater from Sky) are going to look like right tits announcing a phantom cancellation.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I must admit, this is the most exciting first race build up I've experienced. Will it, wont it. F1, Liberty and FIA getting serially bashed on social platforms. Constantly refreshing for news, quite enthralling.

Well someone has a helluva view

https://twitter.com/newsheli/status/1238199930340048896

Pass the point of no return. Race is on!

(12-03-2020, 09:29 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Pass the point of no return. Race is on!

Is there actually anything official Hesh? I don't mean social media, I mean a proper press announcement published by F1 or the FIA?

If so, I am annoyed at the press coverage. They shouldn't bloody publish rumour, particularly the BBC, FFS! Is it any wonder people don't trust anything reported by the media these days? There was a time you could trust information reported by the BBC. Those days are long gone.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Nothing yet Morini

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

There aint shizzle, dude, its fascinating. Organisers and stake holders are in the bashing pit now. Gates open in less than an hour.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Just read one of the 2 seaters has crashed

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

SkyF1 have removed FP1 and FP2 from their scheduling...

(12-03-2020, 10:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just read one of the 2 seaters has crashed

Damn, it's getting worse...

@JennieGow: Chase Carey is in the process of landing from Vietnam so would expect him to go into an 8.30 meeting with AGPC and Ross Brawn plus others to agree how to move forward and announce cancellation.....er "its cancelled guys, sorry for wasting your time & money & risking your health"

@joesaward: Disney is closing its parks in California, so maybe Mickey Mouse can help organise crisis decision-making in Melbourne

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post