Shark fins finally banned

(09-12-2017, 07:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Monkey seat is banned from next year is it not?

Monkey seats, t-wings - all fluff really. They aren't going to be bring any differentiating performance to the table. The midfield / lower order teams may be gaining a bit of advantage race to race, but the front runners aren't.

(09-12-2017, 09:33 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-12-2017, 07:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Monkey seat is banned from next year is it not?

Monkey seats, t-wings - all fluff really. They aren't going to be bring any differentiating performance to the table. The midfield / lower order teams may be gaining a bit of advantage race to race, but the front runners aren't.

Agreed Morini, the big teams spend money getting the airflow right in the first place, T-wings, monkey seats and other aero additions are basically band aids that allow the less well funded teams to make gains when they've got the philosophy wrong. Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull didn't make any major changes in those areas, it was sidepods, and wings for them, as well as diffuser adjustments. It'll hit the midfield harder than the front runners, I guarantee it.

A little update about potential T-wings on the cars.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/134048...ttleground
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Hesh, yeah, I think that was the two box either side of the current T-wing I was talking about, I was told by someone far more in the know that it might not be wise, and could effect adversely the air flow to the diffuser and rear wing now they're lower, but I always thought it was a potential loop hole. Be super interesting to see if anyone does exploit it, and how.