2019 Singapore GP

(21-09-2019, 08:04 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well half the shit that comes out of Crofty's mouth is bullshit. 

eh???????????Only half???????????????   Tongue

Catch you`s tomorrow evening sometime, enjoy the race guys.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, the other half is nonsense.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Daniel Ricciardo has been excluded from Singapore Grand Prix qualifying after his Renault Formula 1 car was found to have operated in breach of the rules related to the MGU-K. (Motorsport)

"Notwithstanding the team's arguments, the Stewards take note of the very clear wording of Article 1.2.2 ISC, which states that 'If an automobile is found not to comply with the applicable technical regulations, it shall be no defence to claim that no performance advantage was obtained'.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

What a day of sport, enjoy everyone.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(22-09-2019, 11:46 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  What a day of sport, enjoy everyone.   Big Grin

Yeah, Ireland did superby against the sweaties this morning. Not watching England / Tonga as it will most likely be a rout.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(22-09-2019, 12:34 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-09-2019, 11:46 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  What a day of sport, enjoy everyone.   Big Grin

Yeah, Ireland did superby against the sweaties this morning. Not watching England / Tonga as it will most likely be a rout.

Hey leek boy who you calling a sweatie..?
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

Well done Seb and Ferrari. That red car is now clearly the quickest by a country mile. They'll be mighty now in Sochi and Suzuka now. Possibly Mexico too.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Congratulations to the red team, they did a perfect job this weekend. I must admit it is a bit of a shocker for me as I really didn't expect it, but it isn't all bad for Mercedes. I am not sure about Ferrari being faster by a country mile, Mercedes have actually had the stronger race pace even at the raw power tracks Monza / Spa, so that wasn't bad damage limitation in races they expected to be completely outclassed at. Today though, the better strategy won and hats off for that. Race pace counts for sweet FA at Singapore as testified by stint 1 where Charles was doing grandma laps and nobody could do anything about it.

In chat there was some discussion about Ferrari being back in the hunt. Don't get too carried away! I've been doing some maths, and I think it's simply too late (definately too late for WDC). Hamilton is 96 points ahead of the nearest non Mercedes challenger so he can basically finish off the podium for all remaining races and still have a margin in hand. The WCC is theoretically possible I guess, but by my calculations Ferrari need to outscore Mercedes by an average 19 points in the 7 remaining races. That is a big ask, I will be stunned if they can do that, but with a few DNF's who knows?

Ferrari have been awesome since the summer break though. All credit to them.

[edit]
Oh, and spare a thought for Charles LeClerc today. He missed out on sharing a special record with Damon Hill and Mika Hakkinen because Ferrari gave the best strategy to his teammate. In hindsight I can't slate Ferrari for doing that today because it secured a one two instead of a probable one three. Still hurts for Charles though, he was the moral victor for me today.

Bad call from Merc today..the mediums would have been the tyre for Lewis..no brainer. .

(22-09-2019, 04:08 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Bad call from Merc today..the mediums would have been the tyre for Lewis..no brainer. .

Wouldn't have made any difference Ian. You need a 2 second per lap pace delta to overtake. It's why I don't like Singapore! (the race, not the city)
[+] 2 users Like morini's post