(27-01-2020, 01:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ‘Hamilton-Mercedes negotiations have hit a snag’
I am gutted for Forza to finally have that door closed will no doubt eat at him for a very long time.
That said who knows he may have links to Ferrari and put some pressure on them to sign his Iconic favourite.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(27-01-2020, 04:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I see the bellend has been out & about in L.A doing his bit for Global warming.....driving his fuel guzzling McLaren F1....Greta Whatsherface wont be happy Wink

Can't hold that one against him, Shirley? He's a petrolhead (as are most of us on here). I would be doing exactly the same if I had that much moolah filling my bath tub!

Global warming ain't going to stop me building my Caterham 7 when I retire Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(27-01-2020, 01:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ‘Hamilton-Mercedes negotiations have hit a snag’

This is still being made a big thing of on the cheap and tacky F1 sites I see. Do any of you visit Planet F1? Not only is the "journalism" atrocious, the posters who comment on there are majorly deranged! I sometimes feel myself reading the comments section in disbelief Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-01-2020, 11:47 AM)morini Wrote:  Can't hold that one against him, Shirley? He's a petrolhead (as are most of us on here). I would be doing exactly the same if I had that much moolah filling my bath tub!

Global warming ain't going to stop me building my Caterham 7 when I retire Wink

Nope, I def dont hold it against him (& I too would be doing the same).....its just the preaching one thing then doing the opposite....makes him look/confirms the hypocritical tosspot he is  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-01-2020, 12:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  its just the preaching one thing then doing the opposite....makes him look/confirms the hypocritical tosspot he is  Tongue

Or you could perhaps be more generous and look at it more as "offsetting" his "bad for the environment" behaviour by being more environmentally friendly where possible? I'm no tree hugger myself, but from what I see he makes more of an effort on that front than a lot of his peer group.

As usual, I see this is as the media bending every move the bloke makes to support a dislike of him. I like to think about it from a more objective perspective - he sure as shit isn't going to be carbon neutral in his line of work! But god loves a trier (allegedly).
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(29-01-2020, 01:06 PM)morini Wrote:  Or you could perhaps be more generous and look at it more as "offsetting" 

I could do.....but then again most of the "tree huggers" will tell you "offsetting" is only a term used to make the "wrongdoers" feel better about themselves  Wink

ps, the vid showing him in the Mclaren wasnt bashing him at all, in fact it was a fan who had noticed him driving the supercar (with 2 females in the rear seats) and posted it online

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I cannot take any of this F1 Carbon offset thing seriously. I mean the whole F1 circus adds virtually nothing measurable to the carbon in the air of the whole planet, I can think of many things far more relevant than a tiny few people (in relative terms) doing their job.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(29-01-2020, 02:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I could do.....but then again most of the "tree huggers" will tell you "offsetting" is only a term used to make the "wrongdoers" feel better about themselves  Wink

I think I certainly qualify as a wrongdoer. Don't feel the urge to do things to make me feel better about myself though Wink

(29-01-2020, 02:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ps, the vid showing him in the Mclaren wasnt bashing him at all, in fact it was a fan who had noticed him driving the supercar (with 2 females in the rear seats) and posted it online

Not seen the vid, or particularly interested in seeing it either. Like to watch him drive, but I switch off with the personal life stuff as it's his business. Let the bloke live his life and do the things any normal male in his 30's does.

Something doesn't compute with this though. Two females in the back of a McLaren? What were they? Gerbils? Laughing
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(29-01-2020, 07:59 PM)morini Wrote:  Something doesn't compute with this though. Two females in the back of a McLaren? What were they? Gerbils? Laughing

Blow-up dolls come in all shapes & sizes these days (so im told)  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

So is Hamilton definitely going to stay? (SKY F1 Toto, Lewis & MB video 4m 3s)

Asked by Brundle if he fancied trying to win with Ferrari, Hamilton replied: "I think that's like a short-term kind of thing.

"If you look at all drivers who have driven for Ferrari, obviously it's an incredible team and obviously the car's always beautiful red. I have got red on my helmet. Red is the colour of passion or love or whatever you want say.

"But what Mercedes have done for all their drivers - even Sir Stirling Moss is still a part of the team - they honour that and you become a part of a legacy and a life-long partner, which I think is super appealing."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel