(09-02-2024, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(09-02-2024, 01:33 PM)black Wrote:  
(08-02-2024, 04:08 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hamilton ‘non-poaching’ clause set to prevent key Mercedes F1 departures.  (MotorSport)

A non-poaching clause in Lewis Hamilton’s current Formula 1 contract is set to prevent his new Ferrari team being able to lure key Mercedes personnel along with him.

I wonder how easy that would be to enforce? I suspect there will be a few Mercedes people tempted to follow him South.

I suspect it breaks EU Law. It would have to be very specific language in relation to a current contract.

LOVE the new Avatar.

I know a little about the law.... just not this law     Shutup

Don't know how much time was involved with the change over, but would EU law count "If" others were to have resigned their position before Lewis resigned? 

I hope Bono & Shove want to move with Lewis, I mean the sun, sea, lake Garda, the amazing food & the super models... what's not to love?...

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-02-2024, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(09-02-2024, 01:33 PM)black Wrote:  
(08-02-2024, 04:08 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hamilton ‘non-poaching’ clause set to prevent key Mercedes F1 departures.  (MotorSport)

A non-poaching clause in Lewis Hamilton’s current Formula 1 contract is set to prevent his new Ferrari team being able to lure key Mercedes personnel along with him.

I wonder how easy that would be to enforce? I suspect there will be a few Mercedes people tempted to follow him South.

I suspect it breaks EU Law. It would have to be very specific language in relation to a current contract.

LOVE the new Avatar.

Love it or hate it, we (UK) aren't in the EU and the two working places for Merc are in the UK, so unless it's part of the legal framework of F1 which may be under EU law, I'm not sure this would be an issue. Neither can people be made redundant easily in some of the countries in the EU so how Ferrari, Sauber or other EU organisations halve their teams for the cost cap is a mystery to me.
I know in my business we have had anti poaching agreements for years. They rarely work if organisations really want experienced players.
[+] 5 users Like PaddyB's post

(09-02-2024, 06:28 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Love it or hate it, we (UK) aren't in the EU 

Think yourselves lucky, with the f*ckwits we have in charge here we are neither in nor out

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-02-2024, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  LOVE the new Avatar.

Thank you!

I thought it appropriate given the circumstances. It's not often everyone on here has a common agenda. They will do in 2025! Laughing
[+] 5 users Like black's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hmmm... yes, very respectful.

I think the respect levels will go up a notch or two once the guy starts turning Ferraris awful results around.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(15-02-2024, 10:03 PM)morini Wrote:  I think the respect levels will go up a notch or two once the guy starts turning Ferraris awful results around.

Not sure about that, Charlie is with us a number of years and yet I still think he is a fecking bellend  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-02-2024, 10:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not sure about that, Charlie is with us a number of years and yet I still think he is a fecking bellend  Tongue

Charles Leclerc isn't what you would call a serial winner though.

Lewis Hamilton is! Can you imagine the Tifosi adoration if Lewis Hamilton really does bring meaningful success to Ferrari? I will laugh my cock off! Laughing Laughing
[+] 4 users Like black's post

I don't know how old you are but I would urge you to reconsider the consequences of your said laughter. It may yet prove useful to you!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(15-02-2024, 10:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not sure about that, Charlie is with us a number of years and yet I still think he is a fecking bellend  Tongue

Fair play. I do appreciate your point of view.

I'm not sure exactly what you (by the way, when I say "you" I mean the Ferrari tifosi, not you personally) want from a Ferrari driver though? Surely somebody who can win regularly? Challenge for a World driver and team Championship perhaps? It has been a very long while, after all.

I mean the tifosi were very happy to see Michael Schumacher do well in red. He was not an Italian, he was a German (and a disgraceful cheat to boot), so why not a black, British chap with a sense of sportsmanship? I can't see the downsides myself. Win win. I really hope Lewis can do well there.

The Ferrari management clearly think along the same lines.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post