Alonso is well past it. Not sure Mercedes would want him as he's a well proven "toxic prick". Can't see George Russell wanting Alonso in the team.

Norris, yes, I can see the logic in that apart from him being committed to McLaren for the next 3 years. But what driver would want to take the Mercedes seat anyway? They have lost so many good people in the last three years and teams can no longer spend their way out of trouble. Losing Cowell was the start of the form slide and I'm not convinced Mercedes can easily get back to top form.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

I wonder if Lewis will take Bono with him? Building a relationship like that with someone new won't be easy.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

From SSN F1 site

[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(01-02-2024, 03:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  So who do we think would fill the merc seat?
(01-02-2024, 04:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  This maybe a real long shot but Lando Norris.

As much as I'd like to see McLaren at the front I'd bet Lando is kicking himself! whilst Zak may not be that popular he's not daft, recon the buy out clause is very, very expensive.

Carlos or Alex?

The most fun would be Fernando! fireworks much?....   Bomb

George's face would be a picture thinking he's gonna be the no 1..... "George we've signed Fernando"   Laughing

Ferrari market cap surges $7 billion amid Hamilton F1 bombshell.  (AutoSport)

Ferrari’s share price soared more than 10% to hit a new record high on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday as news of Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 move broke.

Having closed Wednesday’s trading with a share price of $346.78, after the opening on Thursday it rocketed to a high of $384.00 soon after, and is anticipated to go even higher over the course of the day.

This gives Ferrari an estimated market capitalisation of $69.12 billion – which is well up on the $62.4 billion that it was worth at close of trading on Wednesday.

Think this might cover Lewis's wages!   Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(01-02-2024, 05:02 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(01-02-2024, 03:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  So who do we think would fill the merc seat?
(01-02-2024, 04:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  This maybe a real long shot but Lando Norris.

As much as I'd like to see McLaren at the front I'd bet Lando is kicking himself! whilst Zak may not be that popular he's not daft, recon the buy out clause is very, very expensive.

Carlos or Alex?

The most fun would be Fernando! fireworks much?....   Bomb

George's face would be a picture thinking he's gonna be the no 1..... "George we've signed Fernando"   Laughing

Ferrari market cap surges $7 billion amid Hamilton F1 bombshell.  (AutoSport)

Ferrari’s share price soared more than 10% to hit a new record high on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday as news of Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 move broke.

Having closed Wednesday’s trading with a share price of $346.78, after the opening on Thursday it rocketed to a high of $384.00 soon after, and is anticipated to go even higher over the course of the day.

This gives Ferrari an estimated market capitalisation of $69.12 billion – which is well up on the $62.4 billion that it was worth at close of trading on Wednesday.

Think this might cover Lewis's wages!   Tongue

Forza has been insider trading....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clever SOAB
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Looks like its official, Mercedes posting on social media that Lewis will leave at the end of this season after activating a release option in his contract.
[+] 3 users Like Twiggy's post

(01-02-2024, 08:01 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  Looks like its official, Mercedes posting on social media that Lewis will leave at the end of this season after activating a release option in his contract.

Yeah just saw it on Sky sports news.

Mercedes on X.

Now Ferrari make it official.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I wonder what "multi year contract" means? He'll be 40 when he joins and I can't imagine he'd want to do more than 2 years with them.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(01-02-2024, 08:22 PM)black Wrote:  I wonder what "multi year contract" means? He'll be 40 when he joins and I can't imagine he'd want to do more than 2 years with them.

Forza's hoping Lewis drives till he's 50   Tongue

Ok I'm off now before he starts chucking stuff at me....    Laughing

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post