2019 Azerbaijan GP

(28-04-2019, 09:33 PM)DRicc Wrote:  Plus, he was responsible for the only interesting incident in a complete yawn-fest. We watched the Ch4 highlights on x6 speed, and it still looked boring.

Haha, that's a fair comment. Not my favourite venue by any stretch and the lack of "carnage" meant it wasn't even entertaining this year. Talk to Hesh, he likes this track Wink

I was still gripped the whole way through though. More in anticipation of a safety car than anything actually happening on the track. Sad but true.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(28-04-2019, 09:54 PM)morini Wrote:  
(28-04-2019, 09:33 PM)DRicc Wrote:  Plus, he was responsible for the only interesting incident in a complete yawn-fest. We watched the Ch4 highlights on x6 speed, and it still looked boring.

Haha, that's a fair comment. Not my favourite venue by any stretch and the lack of "carnage" meant it wasn't even entertaining this year. Talk to Hesh, he likes this track Wink

I was still gripped the whole way through though. More in anticipation of a safety car than anything actually happening on the track. Sad but true.

Did you see the formula e race in Paris? Heavy rain plus hailstones. It was absolute mayhem, lol.
[+] 2 users Like DRicc's post

(29-04-2019, 12:37 AM)DRicc Wrote:  Did you see the formula e race in Paris? Heavy rain plus hailstones. It was absolute mayhem, lol.

Haha I'm sure Morini wouldn't miss the FE races, he's such a big fan of the series.....   Tongue #Sarcasm

Yeah saw it D, there is an FE thread in other motorsport, *some of us* watch regularly, wasn't a great day for the Brits was it? Doh….    Rolleyes

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

SSF1 driver ratings are up -> here. If anyone is interested?

No comments enabled though  Rolleyes
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Formula 1 managing director of motorsports Ross Brawn has defended Ferrari’s decision to use medium tyres in Q2 in Azerbaijan – even though the move triggered Charles Leclerc’s crash that derailed its weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn...y/4378890/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-04-2019, 04:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Formula 1 managing director of motorsports Ross Brawn has defended Ferrari’s decision to use medium tyres in Q2 in Azerbaijan – even though the move triggered Charles Leclerc’s crash that derailed its weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn...y/4378890/

I like Brawn and clearly he is an asset to F1 and I realize he spent some very formative years with Ferrari but to me in his current position he should shut up commenting about any individual team especially as it relates to performance.

Do not get me wrong I do not suspect he doing anything wrong but if I am another team it just raises suspicions that should not be going there. You are a neutral Ross. At least give the impression you are staying that way.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(30-04-2019, 05:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I like Brawn and clearly he is an asset to F1 and I realize he spent some very formative years with Ferrari but to me in his current position he should shut up commenting about any individual team especially as it relates to performance.

Do not get me wrong I do not suspect he doing anything wrong but if I am another team it just raises suspicions that should not be going there. You are a neutral Ross. At least give the impression you are staying that way.

Even if he is asked?...which I suspect is the case....cant see Ross just throwing that out there

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(30-04-2019, 05:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(30-04-2019, 05:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I like Brawn and clearly he is an asset to F1 and I realize he spent some very formative years with Ferrari but to me in his current position he should shut up commenting about any individual team especially as it relates to performance.

Even if he is asked?...which I suspect is the case....cant see Ross just throwing that out there

Yes Forza I truly believe he should say nothing about teams performances. I also accept my opinion may be a minority one.  What would he say if he was asked about Mercedes Rear wing design or Renaults Energy recovery unit. Say nothing you are not involved.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(30-04-2019, 05:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Yes Forza I truly believe he should say nothing about teams performances. I also accept my opinion may be a minority one.  What would he say if he was asked about Mercedes Rear wing design or Renaults Energy recovery unit. Say nothing you are not involved.

I know what you are saying Neil but I dont think he said anything wrong or appears to take sides, heres the full article/debrief 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...b4gae.html

Confirmation Andrew Benson reads F1 Banter

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/48087552
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post