2019 Azerbaijan GP

Gotta like Gunther Steiner, on talking to the drivers before the start.

"It doesn't matter what I tell them, when the helmet go's on they ignore me any way"   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Just a reminder, we have chat. Link at top of every page.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(28-04-2019, 01:06 PM)morini Wrote:  Just a reminder, we have chat. Link at top of every page.

Catch up after the race lads sitting down to watch with Gags. Smile

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

So I said, that everyone was told to take it easy and have a clean race for this tracks inaugural outing, as 2017 & 18 were crazy. I guess I was wrong, because 2019 was equally uneventful.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Yep, not a thriller. But a great result for Mercedes.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

So a fairly comfortable one two for Mercedes again, I'm ready to call it. The WCC is done and dusted. No one is catching Mercedes this season, and regardless what people say the W10 is easily the best car. Not really close. So I think we're looking at a WDC fight between Lewis and Bottas. Not sure it'll be enough to hold my attention if it is for the whole season. Sorry, but I'm not sure 2019 is going to be a classic. As for Ferrari? Kept Leclerc out too long, and well, Binotto needs to step back from being team leader, they need a new team principle already, and they need to accept they need a shake up, and that maybe Arrivabene was right about the "attitude" in the team.

(28-04-2019, 03:05 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So a fairly comfortable one two for Mercedes again, I'm ready to call it. The WCC is done and dusted. No one is catching Mercedes this season, and regardless what people say the W10 is easily the best car. Not really close. So I think we're looking at a WDC fight between Lewis and Bottas. Not sure it'll be enough to hold my attention if it is for the whole season. Sorry, but I'm not sure 2019 is going to be a classic. As for Ferrari? Kept Leclerc out too long, and well, Binotto needs to step back from being team leader, they need a new team principle already, and they need to accept they need a shake up, and that maybe Arrivabene was right about the "attitude" in the team.

Well, I'm certainly going to be watching!

At least VB is making for a great inter team battle. Also, I can see Red Bull overhauling Ferrari for second if they continue on like this. Max was very fast at certain points today.

Just had a quick read through, I'm not convinced its over, had Charles started at the front I think he could have won.

Heard Lewis saying some thing like.

"If Sebastian had a tow he would have been on pole, had Charles not had his problem they would of had a 1-2 today"

Still I suppose we will know more by Spain, really looking forward to Charles at Monaco.

My DOTD > Lando   Wink

MY Doh moment Daniel reversing into Kvyat.   Surprised Shutup

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(28-04-2019, 03:09 PM)morini Wrote:  At least VB is making for a great inter team battle.

As long as Bottas keeps it interesting I'll keep watching, but I have a sneaky suspicion Lewis will get on top of him and it'll end up being very one sided by the end of the European leg.

(28-04-2019, 03:09 PM)morini Wrote:  Also, I can see Red Bull overhauling Ferrari for second if they continue on like this. Max was very fast at certain points today.

I think I said somewhere on here that I can see RBR being the ones to challenge Mercedes dominance before Ferrari. Honda have made great strides, and if they are going to be super aggressive on their PU development this year I can see a situation where RBR do over take Ferrari and end up being tougher competition for Mercedes... but not enough to make 2019 interesting. Maybe 2020. But I might personally have bugged out by then.

(sorry, I know im late) great opening lap from Bottas, yes LH went easy on him but likewise Bottas could have squeezed LH but didnt, good to see him go wheel to wheel with Lewis then open the gap, likewise towards the end keeping LH behind for a great win.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post