Fantasy/Dream Team 2019 Discussion

(07-08-2019, 05:34 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Morini, these kind of games aren't my cup of tea either, but I joined because of you fellows here. I never even bottered to understand the mechanics of the point system, or anything else. You should not take it that serious, it is just a silly game.

(07-08-2019, 06:02 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Fair enough Morini, its a damn shame. I don't quite get it, but so be it.

Chaps, I really didn't mean to offend anyone and I didn't delete my account because I'm taking "fantasy F1" at all seriously, or to upset anyone else (far from it, hopefully you know me better than that). It is a culmination of annoyances with the site itself, two of which I already mentioned above. The site also sends me quite a lot of unsolicited email and that really pushes my buttons in a bad way. The scoring thing just pushed me over the edge Wink

I would classify myself as a logical, rational sort of guy and I don't generally do things ipulsively or without consideration. I was already irritated by the account renaming thing but when I noticed the scoring nonesense (like Anti, I'd taken no notice up until this weekend) I decided I'd opt out.

Nothing personal, no bad vibes intended.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(07-08-2019, 06:46 PM)morini Wrote:  I would classify myself as a logical, rational sort of guy 

eh??...(fecking nora, mouthful of food all over my lap)....not words I would usually associate with a Hamilton fanboy  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(07-08-2019, 06:46 PM)morini Wrote:   The site also sends me quite a lot of unsolicited email and that really pushes my buttons in a bad way. The scoring thing just pushed me over the edge Wink

Ok oops...... when I use my DT account (this year) I've been using *someone* else's email account.

So this means they are getting loads of emails from my DT? …….. Brucie bonus!  Tongue 

I've not been getting any Haha  Laughing Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Theres the PapaOG we know and love! xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Morini, bro, come back to the league. I'm lonely at the top : (
Monster "The Try-hard" Hesh was really enjoying our battle.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(08-08-2019, 07:00 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Morini, bro, come back to the league. I'm lonely at the top : (
Monster "The Try-hard" Hesh was really enjoying our battle.

Sorry buddy, I fear it is impossible to reinstate the account now even if I wanted to. I'm sure Anti, Neil and Paps will give you a run for your money though. I won't mention Forza because his team is sh*t  Wink
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Damn it, damn it, damn it. Not only did i throw away 200+ points, missing out on top 7 overall and seriously eating into No. 1 lead I wasted $5m+, and only have one trade left.

This is the 3rd or 4th round I've made a big mistake, I'd be so close, if not leading had I managed to keep those errors down.

Still I'm now in the top 10 now, which has a cash prize, a whole $50AUS. Which if I can hold in the top 10, will go to this site.

Additionally, great score Forza!

(23-09-2019, 06:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Damn it, damn it, damn it. Not only did i throw away 200+ points, missing out on top 7 overall and seriously eating into No. 1 lead I wasted $5m+, and only have one trade left.

This is the 3rd or 4th round I've made a big mistake, I'd be so close, if not leading had I managed to keep those errors down.

Still I'm now in the top 10 now, which has a cash prize, a whole $50AUS. Which if I can hold in the top 10, will go to this site.

Additionally, great score Forza!

Yup really bad for me as well Hesh, fortunately it didn't cost me $'s, hoping the league goes your way from now on & you manage to cash.

Forza's on the march  Cool

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yeah, I think I've screwed myself out of the top 10, lol. With my final trade I cant cover the Ferrari resurgence.

(28-09-2019, 12:18 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:   I cant cover the Ferrari resurgence.

Yup I made the same slip up, so from now with all my trades used  I'm gonna have to "run what I brung"   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post