(23-12-2020, 05:32 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   and say they've dealt internally with his conduct related to a social media video.

translation......"we will be doing f*ck all about his behaviour as there is a sh*t ton of money involved"  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Haas sure have alienated themselves, feel for them for sure, the team didn't deserve this if only they couldve found money elsewhere. Poor showing on all fronts.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Like Ferrari, Haas have made an early call on how to use the restricted aero testing resources and will switch focus to their 2022 car, no upgrades are planned after the first test in Bahrain.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

First look at the 2022 Haas

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...and-livery

Should have fake Blood all over it with a Hammer and Sickle logo.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I know we are small in number but I wonder what you guys think about Mazepin at Haas

Personally I think he should be sent packing along with his sponsorship. He is a pay to drive guy not that it should make any difference but I feel every single little thing that can be done in any sport to ostracize Russia and Belarus should be done.

Take your Roubles and go home.....
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I fully agree Marzipan shouldnt be in F1, drivers should be there on merit alone. Any Russian sponsorship should also be revoked, my only issue is, like I said before, why should an individual athlete (or anyone else for that matter) be prohibited from earning a living and chasing their dream because of a decision made by his/her head of state?........if said athlete was representing Russia then yes, ban them by all means.
I am not pro Russia by any means, far from it, but I do not agree with holding Russian civilians responsible for the actions of their country.

Not that I agree with everything Clarkson says, in fact far from it, but I feel he was right in that Mazepin had a chance to speak up about how wrong Putin is, I get you can't shoot a man for what his leader has done but I would have preferred it had he spoken out, his fathers silence is also deafening.

I feel after what's going on in Ukraine its right to ban him & his father, why was the Haas red, white & blue if it was not representing Russia, his Dad's Putin's mate, he has to go imo.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Daniil Kvyat on social media just now

I understand your point Forza it is a valid one however I cannot equate the ability to play a sport and obviously get paid for doing your job to the mass killings and massively illegal doings of your country. Russia, China, Turkey all are countries where a dictator has decided the system should change and one person should be president for life well shame on the people of that country for accepting that situation. I actually said to many here in the USA if Trump had of won the last election the USA would be facing that very dilemma. I was laughed at but I truly believe it was on the cards.

First rule of war it is the innocent that suffer. Always has been, always will be. This is a highly exceptional case if Putin is not stopped Ukraine will only be the start of his military gambits. The only thing in my view that can and will stop him short of a nuclear war is his own people removing him from power. That I believe is what the rest of the world should focus on and in that respect sport is a weapon to be used. I dont think we are going far enough right now to be honest I would do more. There is no telling what this madman will do and eventually when he has no more room to move what will he do. That is perhaps my greatest fear right now.

As for Kyvats words they are just that useless words full of rhetoric and no substance. Not a word against 'his' leader. He like Mazepin should be kicked out of the sport in my book. You are either on the side of justice and truth or you are against it. He is clearly against it.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post