Drivers who will lose their seats next year

(07-06-2018, 09:26 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.planetf1.com/news/stroll-set...-for-2019/

"Claire Williams has suggested Lance Stroll is in line for a new contract after “living up to expectations” during his Formula 1 career so far."

“I honestly believe he has a great career ahead of him in Formula 1.”

Hmm...………..   Confused

WHAT?????????????   ah well, if they (like the rest of us) expected him to be shit, then yeah, I suppose he has......or.....Claire`s been on the flapjacks Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(07-06-2018, 09:26 AM)Claire Williams Wrote:  ...living up to expectations...

Really begs the question of what their 'expectations' were in the first place

Edit: Ah Forza beat me to it!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

(07-06-2018, 11:59 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  
(07-06-2018, 09:26 AM)Claire Williams Wrote:  ...living up to expectations...

Really begs the question of what their 'expectations' were in the first place

Edit: Ah Forza beat me to it!

Which expectations you ask? Paying the bills.
[+] 5 users Like Antilochos's post

"Which expectations you ask? Paying the bills."

Agreed, its just so sad to see Williams like this.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(07-06-2018, 07:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Which expectations you ask? Paying the bills."

Agreed, its just so sad to see Williams like this.

I agree as well on that. But nothing will last forever.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

I just don't fricken get it. I have to say Claire has driven the team into the ground, and how the hell she can say this with a straight face is beyond me.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(07-06-2018, 09:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I just don't fricken get it. I have to say Claire has driven the team into the ground, and how the hell she can say this with a straight face is beyond me.

I hear you Jody, but what else can she say apart from this is on  my head Williams need the money we bought in two below average racers and our team has put together the worst package since we probably started as a team(and that's not a slur on Frank as he was building his team).

She should go imo not inspiring and frankly driving the team into the ground excuse the pun
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

I think it is fair to say that Stroll is not good enough for certain now. If he is still at Williams next year then they can just F' off. I'll never support them again. Sirotkin is also pants and needs to be gone. Yeah, the car is truly awful, but I do not believe for one second it's as bad as those two make it look on the track. Hartley sadly just isn't good enough. He's being made to look like a mug by Gasly, I think Hartley is almost certainly gone. Kimi is too long in the tooth now, and with Leclerc doing so well, I think his days are numbered. Ericsson still looks crap, so I hope he gets shipped out too, but weekend in weekend out it is clear there are 5 or 6 drivers who just aren't good enough any more. Throw in Grosjean for me and you get a lot of empty seats next year. Thing is if Alonso buggers off too, and maybe McLaren lose faith with Vandorne some of the others might be saved by default. But seeing drivers like Wehrlein and Giovinazzi outside of the sport while some of these utter planks remain in it, just baffles me.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

I think we will be seeing Lando Norris in a McLaren next season he is a great young prospect and a British driver which I think will help a little to boost interest in the team. I think they will have to stay with Van Dorne as an experienced driver because to me Alonso is gone, unless of course they have a brain fart and bring back Jensen Button!!!!

As I have stated in a previous post will Williams become more aligned with Mercedes if they do I could possibly see George Russell in one of their cars next year along with probably Stroll. I would not rule out Pascal Wehrlein either with his Mercedes connection.

If Grosjean leaves Haas I wonder if that would open the door for Alexander Rossi, American driver has some F1 experience still fairly young at 26. I think Magnussen has done a great job this season and barring a total meltdown should be with them next season too.

Obviously if Ricciardo leaves Red Bull that will open up some spots. If he does (in my dreams) go to Mercedes that would spring Bottas and I think there are options for him at maybe Haas, McLaren, Williams or even Ferrari (for a season?) but I think Leclerc is almost certain to be there next year.

I see two seats opening up at Sauber that fact MAY help Ericsson keep his seat.

I see two seats opening up at Toro Rosso (assuming Gasly goes to Red Bull) I also think Red Bull will move on from Sainz and he will stay at Renault. I have no idea about their young driver program. I dont think last time I read anything they have anyone developed enough to step up to F1.

Force India I think are set with Perez and Ocon (I really dont think he will be going to Mercedes any time soon)

A wildcard could be Danil Kvyat, maybe he gets another opportunity with someone too.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Drivers coming into F1 is an interesting prospect. For me I think the Red Bull young driver program isn't quite ready to bear fruit. It is way too early for Dan Ticktum and they dropped the likes of Albon (amongst others) and actually lost Richard Verschoor I believe by favouring Ticktum over him for a race seat in GP3. So I agree, RBR don't have a ready made product primed to drop from their conveyor belt. Although Norris's management are trying to prise him out of his McLaren contract, the interesting thing been he signed up with the Honda/Maren program, like Nyck de Vries and Nobuharu Matsushita, and his management are arguing he signed with Honda as much as McLaren, and Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari are waiting. There's a few young Japanese Honda drivers they want to see graduate to F1 Nirei Fukuzumi and Tadasuke Makino, as well as the aforementioned Matsushita, I think Fukuzumi is arguably the better driver, but Makino's is showing up well in F2. I do think Russell and Lando will be in F1 next year. However, given the fact that so many changes might happen I think some of the chaff in F1 might survive by default. I do however think Ricciardo is going nowhere, and that I think means Hartley is toast. I think Leclerc will go to Ferrari, and that might save Ericsson yet again. Honestly I'm utterly bemused how such a poor driver has had such a long career in F1. What is it now? 5 seasons? Unbelievable.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post