F1 Banter Online Forums
Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Printable Version

+- F1 Banter Online Forums (https://www.f1banter.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Formula 1 Discussions (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Driver Contract Gossip (https://www.f1banter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Drivers who will lose their seats next year (/showthread.php?tid=199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Jody Barton - 12-05-2018

Stoffel Vandorne

I really think with McLarens much improved performance Alonso will stick around, and McLaren are dumping Lando Norris in their second car in 2019, make no mistake. Vandorne will be toast.

Lance Stroll

He looks awful, I know the car is crap, but he is making a crap car look truly terrible. Surely not even his daddy can save his seat now.

Marcus Ericsson

He's had way too many seasons in F1, and quite frankly Leclerc is finding his feet, and finding it's not too hard to beat the Swede comfortably, just like Wehrlein did, with the B-spec Sauber last year. 

Romain Grosjean

Honestly I think his days are numbered. Were I Haas I'd be looking at his continued crapness and just say do one you big fat cry baby. He's making Magnusen look like a potentially WDC in waiting. 

Do you think anyone else is for the chop next year?

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - forzaferrari - 12-05-2018

Hartley...done nothing since taking that seat imo

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Jody Barton - 12-05-2018

Yeah, I very nearly threw Hartley in there too... but it's too soon for Dan Ticktum, and I'm not sure who else RBR have in their young driver program. Maybe he'll be saved because of that, but truth is the grid wouldn't miss him. I guess Sirotkin might be saved, unless the Williams becoming a Mercedes B team rumour are right, in which case we could see Williams with Wehrlein and Russell next year,

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Monster Hesh - 12-05-2018

Shame to hear rumors about Hartley seat, but we knew this might happen with the ruthlessness shown by Toro Rosso and RedBull over the last years.

I wouldn't mind Williams being saved as a "B Team", be good to see driver roster there for talent. Wehrlein and Russel sounds good to me.

I think you're right Jody, Ericsson and Grosjean "Get the fudge out"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv6zMO9mPr0

Vandorne, I don't know. Who would they replace him with, Norris? he hasn't been too convincing in F2 yet. If Alonso walks, there is no way, and McLaren could be really screwed. However, Vandorne became better in the second half of last season, it may happen again.

(12-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Shame to hear rumors about Hartley seat, but we knew this might happen with the ruthlessness shown by Toro Rosso and RedBull over the last years.

Have you heard rumours?

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Monster Hesh - 12-05-2018

Well, it was only from the commentary that it was mentioned.

(12-05-2018, 04:08 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Well, it was only from the commentary that it was mentioned.

I only got to watch Q1 as not 1 but 2 of my customers turned up at the same time...they where warned not to come collect cars between 1-3pm...I even put it across the top of their dockets....obviously they cant f**king read nor tell the time... the F**king arseholes! (rant over)

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - morini - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 04:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 04:08 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Well, it was only from the commentary that it was mentioned.

I only got to watch Q1 as not 1 but 2 of my customers turned up at the same time...they where warned not to come collect cars between 1-3pm...I even put it across the top of their dockets....obviously they cant f**king read nor tell the time... the F**king arseholes! (rant over)

I know it's not good for repeat business, but I'd have greeted them with a shotgun!

C4 coverage starts in 10 minutes

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - morini - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I wouldn't mind Williams being saved as a "B Team", be good to see driver roster there for talent. Wehrlein and Russel sounds good to me.

Russell looks like the real deal. Just watching F2, he looks like he has most of the ingredients.

RE: Drivers who will lose their seats next year - Jody Barton - 12-05-2018

I think Norris is actually driving really well in F2. He's leading the championship and has driven well. Fair play to Russell as well, who has also caught the eye. Both are novices in F2 surrounded by multi-seasoned pro's like Markelov, DeVries, Aitken and Albon. They're showing up very well against a hard grid.