Drivers who will lose their seats next year

(26-05-2018, 08:02 PM)morini Wrote:  <I threw in a pipkins reference for those of a particular age> Am I the only one who thinks of that when Hartley gets mentioned?

Haha, when I hear his name I think of the old yellow pages advert....  J.R Hartley

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

You see I see it differently, a few times he allowed himself no space behind the driver in front, and he allowed a few to push past him towards the end of Q1, whereas Gasly got his elbows out and made sure he had space. The truth is FP doesn't count for squat, and when the grid places are decided and the points handed out, Hartley has been found wanting.

(26-05-2018, 08:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  You see I see it differently, a few times he allowed himself no space behind the driver in front, and he allowed a few to push past him towards the end of Q1, whereas Gasly got his elbows out and made sure he had space. The truth is FP doesn't count for squat, and when the grid places are decided and the points handed out, Hartley has been found wanting.

Yeah, maybe. I never said I counted him amongst the elite, but generally he's done a god job this weekend. Monaco can be a crapshoot for even the best drivers. Easy to get caught out and not make Q3. Has happened to better drivers than Hartley too.

Indeed it has Morini, but when his team mate is putting in some really solid performances, and he's looking pants in comparison, if you're Marko you're probably looking at him and thinking "can we get someone better in his seat". I believe Wehrlein's Merc deal ends towards the end of 2018... so perhaps TR / RBR being interested isn't so mental. I heard the other day he nearly signed for the Red Bull driver program.

(26-05-2018, 08:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Indeed it has Hesh, but when his team mate is putting in some really solid performances, and he's looking pants in comparison, if you're Marko you're probably looking at him and thinking "can we get someone better in his seat". I believe Wehrlein's Merc deal ends towards the end of 2018... so perhaps TR / RBR being interested isn't so mental. I heard the other day he nearly signed for the Red Bull driver program.

Mistaken identity?

Anyway, I can't see Red Bull taking on Wehrlein. They have fiath in their own program and have a train of talent coming through. Why would they take a Mercedes offcast? I'm not dissing Wehrlein, but he's missed his chance now I think.

Yeah, mistaken identity, I might be trying some new gins out this evening on the balcony!

I too think Wehrlein and Giovinazzi may have missed their opportunities, although Giovinazzi was bloody good in those in season tests for Ferrari and Sauber. Very impressive. Ericsson should certainly be worried as well. As to the Red Bull driver program I'm not sure they have anyone ready to roll off of the production line right now. They're all a bit too young, or not quite got the experience. Ticktum is two years away I think, so maybe that'll save Hartley.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(26-05-2018, 08:39 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, mistaken identity, I might be trying some new gins out this evening on the balcony!

Always interested in Gin recommendations!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Then I can recommend a Swedish gin distillery, Hernö. Produced some great gins, their Old Tom gin is great. Also Williams Chase Seville Orange Gin, Elegent Gin and Extra Dry gin. Gin Mare from Barcelona is nice too.

</morini frantically scribbling on wife's shopping list>

Thanks for the tips!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/stroll-set...-for-2019/

"Claire Williams has suggested Lance Stroll is in line for a new contract after “living up to expectations” during his Formula 1 career so far."

“I honestly believe he has a great career ahead of him in Formula 1.”

Hmm...………..   Confused

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post