What now for the drivers market?

Hey Paps,

I don't mean to be the thicko in the room but what on earth is all the hot air about some youngster that isn't old enough and clearly if you look at his stats in F2.... doesn't seem ready.

I know we all want to see someone that dethrones Max but we seem to be in a rush to find the youngest rather than the quickest and most appropriate driver. 

I of course have to take everyone else's word when they say Antonelli is the next Max but we've all heard that time and again.  F1 seem hell bent on balancing the age paradigm in F1 - I mean if Lewis and Alonso keep going.... they're gonna have to find a toddler to race to balance out the average age!!!!!

Sounds and looks to me like Antonelli should see out a full season or two in F2 - why should he bypass the steps?  If he was that good - we'd see it in F2.
[+] 2 users Like Westie's post

(25-04-2024, 02:53 PM)Westie Wrote:  Hey Paps,

I don't mean to be the thicko in the room but what on earth is all the hot air about some youngster that isn't old enough and clearly if you look at his stats in F2.... doesn't seem ready.

I know we all want to see someone that dethrones Max but we seem to be in a rush to find the youngest rather than the quickest and most appropriate driver. 

I of course have to take everyone else's word when they say Antonelli is the next Max but we've all heard that time and again.  F1 seem hell bent on balancing the age paradigm in F1 - I mean if Lewis and Alonso keep going.... they're gonna have to find a toddler to race to balance out the average age!!!!!

Sounds and looks to me like Antonelli should see out a full season or two in F2 - why should he bypass the steps?  If he was that good - we'd see it in F2.

Hiya, I can only go on what I've read in the motorsport sites.

Apparently Toto has been kicking himself ever since lips signed for Red Bull, he had the chance but they offered him a drive & the rest is history.

Thing is we are only 3 races in F2 so far, so its a bit unfair to judge his F2 outings, his record before is pretty special, so much so he leap frogged F3, it seems every time I read a write up on him (by people in the know) he is heaped with praise. (in a wet weather test in F3 he was close to two seconds quicker than the others)

Don't forget Oliver Bearman did a year in F3 & this is his second year in F2, so he has much more experience than young Kimi, his drive in Jeddah was pretty special in the Ferrari, so if Kimi can get close or even beat him in his first year with no F3 experience behind him. 

Again I can only go on what I have read but if true he gets Logans seat for a year & a half before replacing whoever gets Lewis's seat. (or maybe George should he get beaten) 

I get he's a pup, but from what I've read he is just a bit special, of course he's young & will make plenty of mistakes in the same way lips did, but it didn't turn out too bad for him did it.

Just some of what I've read & my opinion buddy.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post