Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

(08-09-2018, 08:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(08-09-2018, 06:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(08-09-2018, 11:39 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I'm getting more & more sure  this will happen #Papasconspiracy 
This will only happen imo if Seb fails to win a WDC by 2020, if momentum swings to Ferrari and Seb then Leeis will never drive in a red car even if he wants too, why would a team change if they are winning

Maybe Lotus, though I have read that Ferrari had made Lewis an offer when he resigned this year, (read in F1i) I have also read they also made him an offer in 2016 (cant bloody find it now)

I know most of my Ferrari friends are, how shall I put this?...….  not keen lol.    Laughing

I reckon they’d love to have him if he was winning titles for him, might take a while to while to warm to him if it were to come about
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(08-09-2018, 08:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I know most of my Ferrari friends are, how shall I put this?...….  not keen lol.    Laughing

And the understatement of the year goes to....... Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Think I said this before, but perhaps better minds will have the answer - Paps and other Lewis fans want to see Lewis at SF, to win at 3 different teams - however - even though Lewis has won at 2 different teams, at present, he has never won without a Merc Engine

So, if this mystical feat is to be achieved, much like Alonso's quest for the triple crown,

Who won before in 3 teams? (I'm guessing, Fangio)

But didn't he also have different engines? Just asking, but if the answer is what I think it is - sorry Lewis fans - it's not the same achievement Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(08-09-2018, 08:54 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Who won before in 3 teams? (I'm guessing, Fangio) But didn't he also have different engines?

Asked Gag's Fangio won five drivers titles for Four different teams. (four different engines)

1951 - Alfa Romeo
1954 - Maserati / Mercedes
1955 - Mercedes
1956 - Ferrari
1957 - Maserati

Not sure that will ever be beaten.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Not sure that will ever be beaten.    Cool
[/quote]

Haha - Yeah Paps - kinda knew that, 5 titles, - 4 engines - but as some can be a bit "sensitive" at times, was hoping a Lewis fan would say it - thanks for obliging, haha Smile

Never to be repeated Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Not sure winning with different teams or engines is a particularly relative stat unless you of course are a stat freak of which there are far too many in the world. Being in the dominant car of the day is what wins you Championships. I was not as close of a fan as I am now but as Hamilton fan I think his WDC in 2008 was perhaps his best win. IF, IF he wins this year I would probably rank it as second.

I am going against the grain here (as usual) I do not see Vettel in a Mercedes car. Reasons why: I think Mercedes will want to Hamilton for many more years and throw all kinds of money at him or certainly until he stops being a potential champion. I dont think he and Vettel will ever drive in the same team together unless they both end up at McLaren!!!! Then I look at the drivers Mercedes have coming through their young drivers program, throw in Ocon ( I cannot believe they will totally free him up next season I see a 'loan' arrangement). Then I look at the possibility they may well go after Verstappen although personally I think he is destined for Ferrari.

I do think there is a small chance Hamilton will drive for Ferrari one day I mean like it or not it is considered the pinnacle of teams but equally you have to wonder what Leclerc is going to be, if Verstappen ends up there and even the possibility Danny Ricciardo could also be a Ferrari target of the future (and maybe Mercedes too).

I thought it was a nice comment from Wolff but no more than that.

(08-09-2018, 11:45 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Not sure winning with different teams or engines is a particularly relative stat unless you of course are a stat freak n.
thought it was a nice comment from Wolff but no more than that.

You are taking the Piss again Neil? It can be the only answer, LOL

Soooo. . .. . you like cricket, and American football, but don't like _ stats? fecking hilarious Bud Smile

I never extract the urine on a Saturday night... EVER!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(09-09-2018, 12:52 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I never extract the urine on a Saturday night... EVER!!!!

You must need a wee really bad on Sun morning then!!!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Very wity for a Sunday morning Lotus Wink

I think Im going to vomit...

[Image: whpcbc7vy9p01.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post