Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

http://en.f1i.com/news/299049-hamilton-v...-swap.html

Apparently this story is doing the rounds in Italy and is being taken seriously by people there. Would Lewis really switch Mercedes, a team that is looking utterly dominant for Ferrari? I totally get why Vettel would want to go the other way, the weird thing for me was the request that Hamilton wanted Bottas with him... that seems weird... Hamilton has publicly supported at Mercedes, but they're not bestest buddies, and Lewis has NEVER request a set team mate. He's also constantly stated that Bottas needs to prove he's worth a Mercedes seat.Thoughts?

April fools??? (for the love of god, please)

"It has come to light that the three-year deal signed by Vettel with the Italian outfit last summer included a provision enabling him to opt out of his contract in the event that Hamilton should sign for Ferrari"....sounds like running away to me Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-04-2018, 10:08 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  April fools??? (for the love of god, please)

Good call! I'll come back in a few days with my pennies thoughts if it is still legit.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Damn it... I thought at least one person would fall for it!!!
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-04-2018, 10:37 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Damn it... I thought at least one person would fall for it!!!

Sorry bud, after I replied I was thinking of deleting it to see how far it would go lol does make for a good story though Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

It's, Ok Forza. I figured someone would call it out fairly quickly. On the Hamilton contract story, hearing he's actually signed a 4 year extension with Mercedes with a break clause for 2021.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-04-2018, 10:49 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's, Ok Forza. I figured someone would call it out fairly quickly. On the Hamilton contract story, hearing he's actually signed a 4 year extension with Mercedes with a break clause for 2021.

4 years?...was he not expected to sign for 2?.....4 years is a long time in f1

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

He was expected to sign a 2 or 3 year extension yes. However, hearing he's agreed 4 years with a break clause after 2 years. So essentially a 2 year contract with a two year consolation prize if either can't get a better deal.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Well, if he has resigned, I'm gonna say I'm a little disappointed. I know he always wants to win, and to do that you need a damn good car, so it is crazy to throw away the best one. I'm disappointed for the sport, it's all the same story, driver line up switches create some unknowns.

4 championships with the same team is enough, surely. Lewis should challenge himself more. Just as Rossi did in MotoGP, when he joined Ducati, who at the time were, what, 4-5th best team. It was a disaster for Rossi, as the Duc didn't improve at all. At least he tried, after dominating the sport.

He should of gone to a lower team, to help them both competitively and sponsor/publicity gain. He should team hope every year to bring huge money to the lower teams.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(01-04-2018, 12:00 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  He should of gone to a lower team, to help them both competitively and sponsor/publicity gain. He should team hope every year to bring huge money to the lower teams.

Nice thought Hesh , I would love to be a fly on the wall when his management team suggest this lol..." Lewis we all know you love winning races, but how about next year you maybe sign for Williams and you could even pay them just for the laugh of it" Wink