Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

(11-05-2018, 08:58 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hello bud, maybe that was it, cant remember accurately, surprise surprise lol. Tongue

Cant remember myself lol, maybe I just made the whole thing up Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/25/motor...index.html

"Sebastian Vettel says he would rather have Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari than world champion Lewis Hamilton, who is out of contract at Mercedes at the end of the season." (CNN)

"I prefer Kimi, to give you my honest answer," Vettel told CNN Sport's Amanda Davies, when asked whether he'd rather Räikkönen, his current teammate, or his Mercedes rival alongside him at Ferrari.
"If you ask me if I'm afraid of [Hamilton] then no," added Vettel, before joking, "he's not taller than me, I don't think he's heavier than me, so in boxing terms I'm not afraid."

Oh, really...….. Hehe

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(27-05-2018, 11:46 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/25/motor...index.html

"Sebastian Vettel says he would rather have Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari than world champion Lewis Hamilton, who is out of contract at Mercedes at the end of the season." (CNN)

"I prefer Kimi, to give you my honest answer," Vettel told CNN Sport's Amanda Davies, when asked whether he'd rather Räikkönen, his current teammate, or his Mercedes rival alongside him at Ferrari.
"If you ask me if I'm afraid of [Hamilton] then no," added Vettel, before joking, "he's not taller than me, I don't think he's heavier than me, so in boxing terms I'm not afraid."

Oh, really...…..  Hehe
As much as I would love to think Vettel would be afraid of Hamilton I do not think he is scared of anyone.  That said I have no doubt his contract whilst maybe not exactly black balling other drivers will contain language to the effect he is the clear  and only number one driver!

Danny Ricciardo, is the key to 2019 driver lineup. Obviously three options are RBR, Mercedes and Ferrari and I would not like to handicap that race as race it may well be. I doubt RBR could match the money offering from Mercedes or Ferrari. I am sure his win this weekend will in the eyes of many strengthen his ties to RBR but we do not even know for sure what engine will be in the back of that thing next season.  Ferrari are being touted by many as his destination but with a clear policy of a number 1 and Number 2 driver... been there done that with Vettel already is he really going to sign up for that again. I have my doubts. Which leaves Mercedes. I have to say this is what I personally want to see. I am a Hamilton fan but I really enjoyed his battles with Nico Rosberg and I would love to see Hamilton vs Ricciardo it would be must watch racing.  There is no doubt in my mind if Danny Ricc was driver in a Ferrari (with no orders) or Mercedes this season he would be right up there at the top.

I love and hate Raikonnen, he is still a really good driver and to my mind he has been royally screwed by the Ferrari system this season. I do think its time for them to move on. Would it be too early for them to follow RBR and go really young with Leclerc? Maybe they would go with a real wildcard in Kvyat who apparently is doing a stellar job for them!!!  By going that route and taking the risk would they be writing off the Constructors championship, does that matter THAT much to them?

Would RBR bring back Sainz if Danny Ricc leaves?  I think they may well let Sainz stay at Renault and promote Gasly who quietly is having a pretty good year in the Toro Rosso.  Whilst on Toro Rosso, I was shocked when they named Brendon Hartley as a driver for this season. It is not working out I am sure he will be gone probably sooner rather than later. I do not know the RBR racing stable who their young guys are but we could see two young drivers next season but how will help with the engine development with Honda?

I see Force India staying with Ocon and Perez.

Renault with Sainz and Hulkenberg.

McLaren I feel may well drop Stoffel next season, would that put Lando Norris in play or is that too quick? Forgive my English bias but it would be nice to see another home product on the grid.

Sauber, I think Ericcson is finished. The big question is will we see another Ferrari driver in his car and if Leclerc stays that would be two Ferrari drivers do they have that much control over Sauber... sad if they do.

Haas, I have to think Grosjean is on rocky ground and could be let go ( I think his contract finishes end of 2018). Magnussen I believe still has one more year to go and has done very well all things considered this season. I have no idea who could go there maybe another Ferrari sponsored driver?

Williams.  As a big Williams fan back in the day it is a sad and sorry sight to see where they are today. I think Stroll is okay but has no real upside to where he is and has been in the past, he has had a few moments but far apart for sure. Sirotkin too soon to say but not very impressive. I think they need an experienced driver behind the wheel to help them sort this car out. Maybe Kubica will get another shot or maybe they take on a Kimi Raikonnen for a year to help them do just that.

Interesting times for sure, there is always something going on in this sport, sadly many fans just want to argue, this forum is great for the absence of abuse.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

"I am a Hamilton fan but I really enjoyed his battles with Nico Rosberg and I would love to see Hamilton vs Ricciardo it would be must watch racing. There is no doubt in my mind if Danny Ricc was driver in a Ferrari (with no orders) or Mercedes this season he would be right up there at the top."

Completely agree Neil, personally however unlikely I am really hoping for Sebastian & Lewis in red, (this is not universally popular lol) though its much more likely that Lewis will re-sign for Mercedes & the way its looking now Daniel staying at RedBull, I would MUCH prefer to see Daniel taking on Lewis/Sebastian in the same car be it red or silver, nice post bud.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(29-05-2018, 03:33 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Interesting times for sure, there is always something going on in this sport, sadly many fans just want to argue, this forum is great for the absence of abuse.

Good post. There's a few of us on here would love to see Dan and Lewis in the same team. For me they are the two "all round" best drivers on the grid. Not 100% convinced by Danny's one lap speed a lot of the time, but his race craft is superb.

Silly season is more interesting than the racing a lot of the time. That is a bit sad really.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

http://www.f1i.com/news/316452-mercedes-...icism.html

I'm getting more & more sure this will happen (Lewis & Sebastian swapping teams) so is Toto being a sporting Gent sticking up for Sebastian....
(could well be)
or does he know he will be his driver? #Papasconspiracy

Mercedes' Wolff counters Vettel 'unfair' criticism.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has stepped up to defend Sebastian Vettel against the strong criticism directed lately towards the Ferrari driver.
Vettel has come under fire from pundits and Italy's partisan media who believe the four-time world champion is just committing too many mistakes to beat arch-rival Lewis Hamilton to the title this year, despite the fact that he is being supplied with a superior car.

"I'm not completely neutral, but for me Lewis is the best driver of recent years," Wolff told Die Welt newspaper.
"Even so, I find the criticism of Sebastian not quite fair.

"That requires a lot of courage and his way of driving sometimes leads to collisions. But let's not forget that he won four world championships. As I do with Lewis, you have to accept that."
Wolff believes there's a small margin between triumph and disaster, insisting Vettel's mistake on the first lap of last Sunday's Italian Grand Prix could have also led to Hamilton's demise.

"It could easily have been Lewis instead of Sebastian who spun, then the whole Grand Prix would have been different," said Wolff.
"In the high tech world of Formula 1, everything is not decided linearly and rationally, but also with luck, misfortune and coincidence."

Just to be clear, I think Toto does have a point.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

There is no way the switch happens in 2019. No way. 2020 say if Ferrari are frustrated with Seb not performing (i.e. not taking the WDC this year or in 2019) they might offer a Vettel swap, but it would require a cash sum of extraordinary amounts at that point to prize Hamilton (who in this scenario is likely to be a 6 time WDC) away from Mercedes.

The far more likely scenario, even if Seb doesn't bring home a WDC in 2018 or 2019 is that Ferrari stick with him and whoever is in the other car for 2020, and make a decision on lineup for 2021 when everyone is freed up from their contracts.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(08-09-2018, 05:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ferrari stick with him and whoever is in the other car for 2020, and make a decision on lineup for 2021 when everyone is freed up from their contracts.

This is what I meant, hoping they will swap in 2021.

(08-09-2018, 11:39 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.f1i.com/news/316452-mercedes-...icism.html

I'm getting more & more sure  this will happen (Lewis & Sebastian swapping teams) so is Toto being a sporting Gent sticking up for Sebastian....  
(could well be)
or does he know he will be his driver? #Papasconspiracy

Mercedes' Wolff counters Vettel 'unfair' criticism.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has stepped up to defend Sebastian Vettel against the strong criticism directed lately towards the Ferrari driver.
Vettel has come under fire from pundits and Italy's partisan media who believe the four-time world champion is just committing too many mistakes to beat arch-rival Lewis Hamilton to the title this year, despite the fact that he is being supplied with a superior car.

"I'm not completely neutral, but for me Lewis is the best driver of recent years," Wolff told Die Welt newspaper.
"Even so, I find the criticism of Sebastian not quite fair.

"That requires a lot of courage and his way of driving sometimes leads to collisions. But let's not forget that he won four world championships. As I do with Lewis, you have to accept that."
Wolff believes there's a small margin between triumph and disaster, insisting Vettel's mistake on the first lap of last Sunday's Italian Grand Prix could have also led to Hamilton's demise.

"It could easily have been Lewis instead of Sebastian who spun, then the whole Grand Prix would have been different," said Wolff.
"In the high tech world of Formula 1, everything is not decided linearly and rationally, but also with luck, misfortune and coincidence."

Just to be clear, I think Toto does have a point.

This will only happen imo if Seb fails to win a WDC by 2020, if momentum swings to Ferrari and Seb then Leeis will never drive in a red car even if he wants too, why would a team change if they are winning
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(08-09-2018, 06:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(08-09-2018, 11:39 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I'm getting more & more sure  this will happen #Papasconspiracy 
This will only happen imo if Seb fails to win a WDC by 2020, if momentum swings to Ferrari and Seb then Leeis will never drive in a red car even if he wants too, why would a team change if they are winning

Maybe Lotus, though I have read that Ferrari had made Lewis an offer when he resigned this year, (read in F1i) I have also read they also made him an offer in 2016 (cant bloody find it now)

I know most of my Ferrari friends are, how shall I put this?...….  not keen lol.    Laughing

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post