Senior FIA member moves to new Ferrari department ;)

For once I agree with Boullier.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(15-03-2018, 06:30 PM)morini Wrote:  For once I agree with Boullier.

As much as I am a Ferrari fan through and through If there was a gentleman's agreement in place its a shitty thing to do.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Perhaps a bit of a faux pas, but just as rules of the cars, if its not in writing and enforced, then its fair game in such a competitive environment. It's not a matter of honour, like a the 1700-1800 battlefield, where they stood around in lines and square to get shot at, in amazingly, sharp, well presented, brightly coloured uniforms.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(15-03-2018, 07:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Perhaps a bit of a faux pas, but just as rules of the cars, if its not in writing and enforced, then its fair game in such a competitive environment. It's not a matter of honour, like a the 1700-1800 battlefield, where they stood around in lines and square to get shot at, in amazingly, sharp, well presented, brightly coloured uniforms.

Hey Monster, if Ferrari can gain any slight advantage they will take it...as would any team....although I'm sure gardening leave was not as long as it should have been...and the code of battle was fine until Cromwell decided being a sneaky Bastard was a much better idea.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(15-03-2018, 07:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Perhaps a bit of a faux pas, but just as rules of the cars, if its not in writing and enforced, then its fair game in such a competitive environment. It's not a matter of honour, like a the 1700-1800 battlefield, where they stood around in lines and square to get shot at, in amazingly, sharp, well presented, brightly coloured uniforms.

An advantage is an advantage, be it in clever technology or in having personnel who can fight your corner when your tech strays into slightly ..., er ..., dubious areas.. All the top teams work on the edge technology wise. Anyone can see what an advantage this chap will bring in defending the borderline developments.

Clever hire, for sure. But he needs to sit in the weeds for a year to make it "fair".
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(15-03-2018, 07:10 PM)morini Wrote:  An advantage is an advantage, be it in clever technology or in having personnel who can fight your corner when your tech strays into slightly ..., er ..., dubious areas.. All the top teams work on the edge technology wise. Anyone can see what an advantage this chap will bring in defending the borderline developments.

Clever hire, for sure. But he needs to sit in the weeds for a year to make it "fair".

" But he needs to sit in the weeds for a year to make it "fair"....but then the same could/should have been said of budkowski

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(15-03-2018, 07:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ....but then the same could/should have been said of budkowski

Yes, true.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Thread when a bit off topic Smile

<moved the MGP conversation to the MGP section>

Well bollocks, I guess there will be fall out.

It is odd and to my opinion not appropriate (even think it is wrong). Still, they created a precedent with Budkowski. Now there is not much anyone can do about it.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post