Ferrari SF71H

(07-05-2018, 04:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  No, I believe their battery usage is still under investigation, and they still have to provide software and schematics I believe, as do the other teams. The truth is though there battery packs are already known to 'power' other things than "drive" and after watching an explanation of the rules, well... I think that is a direct breach. No wiggle room. It is quite clear what the batteries are permitted for and when the rules say "solely for the use of" it's not normally followed up with a line saying "unless Ferrari want to do something different then it's totes OK".

Do you not think it strange we have not heard anything about this alleged offence from other more reputable media outlets Jody?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Honestly, I do. We know the FIA issued a technical request and statement, but then nothing. I'm guessing it's either a storm in acres cup or very, very big. I guess until their is a judgement from the FIA then we won't know either way, maybe the media are being cautious for a change. I really hope Ferrari haven't crossed the line, because if they have they could very well be retrospectively thrown out of all events, and as it is Ferrari the FIA need to tread carefully.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(07-05-2018, 05:06 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Honestly, I do. We know the FIA issued a technical request and statement, but then nothing. I'm guessing it's either a storm in acres cup or very, very big. I guess until their is a judgement from the FIA then we won't know either way, maybe the media are being cautious for a change. I really hope Ferrari haven't crossed the line, because if they have they could very well be retrospectively thrown out of all events, and as it is Ferrari the FIA need to tread carefully.

Yeah, totally agree there Jody, hopefully all is good for not only Ferrari but the sport itself, I just found it strange the media didnt run with it regardless when they got a sniff of the story

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

A good explanation of the tweaks Ferrari made to the mirrors

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...r-1034702/

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Spain updates

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...37836/?s=1

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

What I find weird, is why continue testing in Spain with the winglets on? They are surely only distorting data, and collecting numbers wont be relivant. Why they didn't even run back-to-back tests without the winglets at all in any of the practice sessions?

Could it be said, that Ferraris European leg updates haven't worked? That they have cost Ferrari to loose the wide operating window that has provided such a strong start to the season?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(16-05-2018, 10:54 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Could it be said, that Ferraris European leg updates haven't worked? That they have cost Ferrari to loose the wide operating window that has provided such a strong start to the season?

Im not sure they could say one way or other yet following last weekend, they wont get too much info from the next race in Monaco so it will be Canada (then the following race will be back to those reduced tread tyres) I would imagine before they get any proper read on the updates.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-fac...in-monaco/

"Ferrari could once again be the subject of yet another FIA investigation ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix next weekend"

"The SF71H has come under a lot of scrutiny already this season as Ferrari continue to explore the limits of how the 2018 regulations can be interpreted.
The Scuderia introduced new mirrors attached to the Halo in Spain, but the winglets that were also attached to the cockpit safety device have been banned by the FIA following team complaints.

And now other teams have asked the FIA for clarification on how Ferrari are distributing their electrical power, with a suspicion circulating that the Prancing Horse are getting short, additional boosts of 20HP in qualifying.
According to Auto Motor und Sport, Ferrari are being accused of periodically bypassing measuring sensors in order to achieve more than the four megajoules allowed.
This effect would come from a deliberate manipulation of electrical resistance and battery output.
Ferrari have also raised suspicions by their sudden agreement to the proposed aero rule changes for 2019 and for the removal of the MGU-H element of the engine in 2021.

This latest development adds to a series of investigations surrounding Ferrari this season, with their floor, rear wing, Sebastian Vettel’s third paddle on his steering wheel and their smoking rear all attracting interest from the rest of the paddock."
Ferrari
FIA

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yeah...

Everyone seems to think Ferrari are breaking rules. I'm not sure, but the FIA are scrutinising the Scuderia's batteries... a lot. If they haven't found anything by now, then I just can't see that a new investigation will find anything else.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(16-05-2018, 01:40 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-fac...in-monaco/

"Ferrari could once again be the subject of yet another FIA investigation ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix next weekend"

This latest development adds to a series of investigations surrounding Ferrari this season, with their floor, rear wing, Sebastian Vettel’s third paddle on his steering wheel and their smoking rear all attracting interest from the rest of the paddock."
Ferrari
FIA

I think Ferrari should question all those `bungs` to the Fia...they`re clearly not working......................or are they Wink

I see Mercedes and Red bull have even `got to` google translate Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post