Ferrari SF71H

Nothing but dodgy screen grabs atm

[Image: DWpU6VVXkAAlVBw.jpg]

[Image: DWpVyShWsAAuDKx.jpg]

Its not a black halo, yay!!

Whats going on with those mirrors? Look like they have an alcove on the front.

10cm longer!!! And clear convergence between Ferrari and Mercedes. Interestingly if that is the ride height of the Ferrari it is bloomin high. Both the Mercedes and Red Bull seem to be riding lower to the ground, think it looks a nice car.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

A bit ugly. Sidepods are 'orrible. Any proper pics from rear of it? How's the rear packaged compared to the w09?

[Image: 2018launchferrari_s005@@fes_width%5E900@...%5E599.jpg]

Ugly indeed, bulky aswell, seems to lack refinement. 

[Image: 2018launchferrari_s004@@fes_width%5E900@...%5E599.jpg]

[Image: 2018launchferrari_s002@@fes_width%5E900@...%5E599.jpg]

Barage board area looks wanting.
Very large flow conditioners on the crash structures.
Rear wing also lacking any development detail.
But it does have very small sidepod inlets like the others, a trend I didn't really expect.

Well after the recent releases, I'm expecting McLaren to look no different.

Morini the Ferrari had a tight arse, but I don't think quite on the scale of the Mercedes W09 or the RB14. But that's just me eyeballing it. Essentially we've seen Mercedes and Ferrari align around roughly similar concepts, with details differing here and there, it'll be down to who executes it better. RBR and the others have gone slightly different ways.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Completely superficial, but not enough white in the livery for me.

I wonder if there is a suprise sponsor yet to be announced? Some prime real-estate going vacant on that car

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

(22-02-2018, 04:52 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Completely superficial, but not enough white in the livery for me.

I wonder if there is a suprise sponsor yet to be announced? Some prime real-estate going vacant on that car

There really is, thats the most intriguing thing about this car.

That, and those mirrors!!! Whats going on? Could they be working to help the condition the air off the halo? driver air into the sidepod inlets?

[Image: IMG_20180222_164940.jpg]

Innovation, funny how last year I was blown away by crash structure housing design. This year best I got is the wing mirrors......

[Image: 2018launchferrari_s001@@fes_width%5E900@...%5E599.jpg]

Rake looks at it was?

But the engine cover is similar to Mercs in regards to tightness below the sharkfin. A large surface area on the sharkfin is the indicator.

Left work early to look at some bigger piccies. Nothing worse than trying to see whats going on with a tiny little screen. The Ferrari doesn't seem that exciting to me. It might just be the paint scheme but it looks longer in the engine cover department. The chopped off shark fin to the front of the airbox I mean.

[Image: SF70-71_H-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Nice work Monster. Look how much narrower the sidepods are!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post