Ferrari SF71H

(02-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtbyOOdMcQ

Heh heh, brilliant clip!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(02-05-2018, 03:58 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  It is about Article 3.5.4 of the Technical Regulations.

3.5.4 Sidepods leading edge
No part of the area enclosed by the intersection of the following lines, on a plane 500mm
above and parallel to the reference plane, may be visible from directly above the car:
a) A longitudinal line parallel to and 580mm from the car centre plane.
b) A longitudinal line parallel to and 320mm from the car centre plane.
c) A diagonal line running rearwards and outwards, from a point 600mm forward of the
plane C-C and 320mm from the car centre plane, at an angle of 75° to the car centre
plane.
d) A diagonal line running rearwards and outwards, from a point 400mm forward of the
plane C-C and 320mm from the car centre plane, at an angle of 75° to the car centre
plane.

How could it be any clearer?  Big Grin

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

hehe, That was in my initial post, but removed it, because...exactly.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(02-05-2018, 07:01 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  
(02-05-2018, 06:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  There is a long and proud record of rule breaking at Maranello and then claiming it was lost in translation. Many is the time they've believed they've found a linguistic loophole, only to be told "nope, that's cheating". They were cleared on their oil re-routing system. Not on the battery system. All teams have to provide schematics and software showing how their batteries are used and the power from them deployed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtbyOOdMcQ

No biggy, Colin Chapman did it all the time and that was in the late 50s early 60s
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

What I find interesting is HOW the various teams attempt to bend the rules. It is fascinating to watch, mainly because it's like it is hardwired into their DNA with some of them. I mean, there's no personnel from the 70's still at Ferrari. Yet they always look for linguistic loopholes, playing Wittgensteinian word games. McLaren always develop what isn't defined in the rules. They did from the very start under Bruce, Williams seek to "stretch" the rules. RBR and Mercedes too are developing characteristics of their own behaviour, Enstone has always been defined by doing the illegal but in a way they can claim they just misinterpreted the rules.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

What I find interesting and fascinating is when teams explore the grey area`s its "innovating" or "revolutionary" or "Ahead of the game" or "Ingenious" ....when Ferrari do it, its just good ol "cheating" Wink
(only meant as a bit of fun)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Forza, I think there's actually done truth to what you say, but I think it's partly their fault. You see, historically Ferrari have always been the the first to go crying to the FIA with the rulebook in hand and cry foul. Frank Williams, Ron Dennis and many, many more luminaries in the sport have at one time or other griped about how often Ferrari go the the FIA for "clarification". Toto had a grumble in 2015 about it saying that it was every race weekend now that the FIA technical team were going over there car and it was getting boring. If you live by the sword, you due by it too, and Ferrari haven't made many friends over the years, so there are lots of people at other teams just waiting to throw the rulebook at them.

(03-05-2018, 10:03 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Forza, I think there's actually done truth to what you say, but I think it's partly their fault. You see, historically Ferrari have always been the the first to go crying to the FIA with the rulebook in hand and cry foul. Frank Williams, Ron Dennis and many, many more luminaries in the sport have at one time or other griped about how often Ferrari go the the FIA for "clarification". Toto had a grumble in 2015 about it saying that it was every race weekend now that the FIA technical team were going over there car and it was getting boring. If you live by the sword, you due by it too, and Ferrari haven't made many friends over the years, so there are lots of people at other teams just waiting to throw the rulebook at them.

Haha, yeah I know only too well Ferrari can be their own worst enemy and its probably justified they can come across as the panto villains of the sport at times. Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I received a text this morning from a buddy talking about the recent claims Ferrari where `cheating` ...." the claims were effectively put to bed as it has been revealed Ferrari's vehicles are "100% legal" as the FIA confirmed no further investigations would be conducted".... has anyone read or heard anything more about this? I havent.....

edit: turns out he was referring to the `extra paddle` on Sebs car

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

No, I believe their battery usage is still under investigation, and they still have to provide software and schematics I believe, as do the other teams. The truth is though there battery packs are already known to 'power' other things than "drive" and after watching an explanation of the rules, well... I think that is a direct breach. No wiggle room. It is quite clear what the batteries are permitted for and when the rules say "solely for the use of" it's not normally followed up with a line saying "unless Ferrari want to do something different then it's totes OK".