Ferrari SF71H

Fascinating possibilities, maybe they have just moved some of the potential settings from the front knobs on the steering wheel, to the back? Diff setting, engine mapping.

Fallout might be highly entertaining.

Did they have it last year? 'member Vettel hugging the steering wheel after his Malaysia crash.

Ferrari leading the way with innovation with these new aero regs, side pods, floor details(quickly banned) and now, magic paddles.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(15-04-2018, 09:37 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Fascinating possibilities, fallout might be highly entertaining. Did they have it last year? 'member Vettel hugging the steering wheel after his Malaysia crash.
Ferrari leading the way with innovation with these new aero regs, side pods, floor details(quickly banned) and now, magic paddles.

No idea Hesh, is it on Kimi`s car also I wonder

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfzT2YGZETQ

Ferrari lever.

Speculation continues. Most fascinating, is that it's only for Vettel. I was going to say for fuel saving. Now, its indicating to driver preference, though i did read that both VET and RAI have very similar cars needs, so no idea.

tbh this is what I wanted, something secret, something that could be very innovative and other teams follow suit if it is so special, then it'll be banned.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/myste...e-1029436/

"Ferrari is at the centre of fresh Formula 1 technical intrigue with the appearance of a mystery new paddle on Sebastian Vettel's steering wheel."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-04-2018, 04:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/myste...e-1029436/

"Ferrari is at the centre of fresh Formula 1 technical intrigue with the appearance of a mystery new paddle on Sebastian Vettel's steering wheel."

Its the new CONSPIRACY paddle Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-l...g-1029656/

"The FIA is to impose a fresh clampdown on trick engine modes that help exhaust blowing of rear wings in Formula 1, following fresh intrigue about the matter."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

The new gurgle that the Merc engine has on off throttle events, could indicate they have been most aggressive with engine maps. Whether that is related to 'blown wings', I guess we'll find out.
Although one can't ignore Renault, they were at the forefront, the pioneers during the V8 period, enabling RedBull dominance, coupled with their o'so evident exhaust positioning. Are they once again pioneering it in these new regs.
Will this affect Ferrari's oil diarrhea? Is that classed as an 'engine mode'?

Question are,
Will they suffer?
Will we see Horner's call for Parc Ferme engine modes?

(24-04-2018, 02:38 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Question
Will we see Horner's call for Parc Ferme engine modes?

He'd have my support - They make a mockery of qualifying. The grid order should be decided on tyre strategy and how big a drivers balls are - not how many extra race-prohibited BHP he is allowed to select

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Ferrari continue to innovate.

AMUS are reporting Ferrari are under investigation for battery use.

" Ferrari is supposed to draw more energy from the energy store than the permitted four megajoules via a clever circuit of the battery cells. It is said that the battery has two plugs through which individual electrical power is drawn off. The FIA began its investigations on Saturday. On Sunday, all engine manufacturers received mail from the world association. They have to be delivered diagrams of how the energy is stored, delivered and distributed. If there are enough suspicions, batteries could even be removed. The topic could still occupy Formula 1 in the coming weeks.

At the technical acceptance Ferrari is currently under special observation.
When it comes to the question of how an outside team comes to such a hidden detail, there are two possible explanations. The one: The former Ferrari engine boss Lorenzo Sassi chatted. He has been working for Mercedes since April. Or the opponents it is Spanish that Ferrari uses the electric turbocharger for gas production when blowing the rear wing in the coasting of the engine. What is allowed, but electricity costs, which then can not be used to propel the car.

Background: When the driver goes off the gas, the electric machine drives the turbine. As when accelerating to fill the turbo lag. The compressed air is chased by the engine without combustion. The exhaust jet delivers so even when braking by blowing the wing a few points contact pressure. But this trick also costs energy that is missing elsewhere. The competition is now puzzling why Ferrari sacrifices energy from the electric storage for a small aerodynamic advantage. Is there an oversupply? Red Bull Chief Technology Officer Adrian Newey regrets: "We can not afford to blow it right now. It would cost us too much on the drive side. "

Italian press bitchin' about Sassi. The rules are quite clear in terms of not only how many joules etc can be drawn from the batteries and various ER systems, but also what they can be used for. If Ferrari are breaching either of those things they could be looking at retroactive disqualification. Either would be a very serious breach of the rules, and exactly what F1 doesn't need. It does however prove a point if they are, that the scope for increased energy deployment from these engines is HUGE and if the FIA and Liberty want to do anything with these engines open up the regulations on batteries and how much energy can be stored / deployed AND what that energy could be used for.