Ferrari SF71H

Nothing too exciting for explanatory to the actual garage smoke. Question, did anyone watch the grid build up and did the Ferrari's create the massive smoke cloud we see in the pits? I saw a bit of smoke on the initial get away on the start of the warm up lap but nothing to the severity of what we from the garages.

What I found interesting from the video, is the "finger" link on the diffuser I saw it highlighted else where on the web, but didn't think it to be so significant as this video vaguely alludes to.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

As the vid suggests there will only be the large plumes of smoke when the units are X degrees lower in temp like start up in garages, the oil seep through turbo seals is eliminated as heat builds and components expand.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/how-f...s-1024781/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Hi, anybody see Martin's grid walk? when he focused on to the back of the Ferrari steering wheel, a new switch/lever that he suspected helps them in the corners? anyone got any idea's?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(15-04-2018, 04:12 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi, anybody see Martin's grid walk? when he focused on to the back of the Ferrari steering wheel, a new switch/lever that he suspected helps them in the corners? anyone got any idea's?

I heard about that after quali yesterday but there was no clarification what it was for

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Yep, all sorts of rumours doing the rounds, but until the FIA confirm it is a problem the intrigue will go on.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Help them in the corners, how? I've read nothing about this, what rumors Jody?
Surely it can't be aero component related, because that would be instantly illegal. Engine setting, for rear wing blowing?

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(15-04-2018, 05:44 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Help them in the corners, how? I've read nothing about this, what rumors Jody?
Surely it can't be aero component related, because that would be instantly illegal. Engine setting, for rear wing blowing?

It would be very easy to produce a lever to aid drivers in the corners but I believe all previous configurations/attempts had been banned in years gone by. As Jody says until there is uproar about it we will prob be kept in the dark

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

By "in the corners" are we speculating, corner grip from downforce levels? or out of corners with traction, so a form of traction control?

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

He didn't say Hesh sadly, the quote "helps them in the corners" was all he said about it, not much to go on, as for speculation I'll leave that to you & Jody, Tech is not a strong point for me Haha.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post