Testing Discussion

Hesh you're right, Sauber launch as well tomorrow, I did know that, I think I made that point they have their launch tomorrow on these very pages. D'oh. Well either way, I expect the Renault to be the bigger of the two launches tomorrow, although seeing the comeback of Alfa Romeo might be more interesting to some.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Some unfortunate rumors flowing that Danny Ric has caused some damage to the RB14 during the filming day yesterday. Not good when its a very real possibility that the damaged items are one of kind and they don't have spares produced yet. It was wet, it was green, so always a danger. Will this have an impact on his season? his mentality and confidence in the car?

(20-02-2018, 12:43 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Some unfortunate rumors flowing that Danny Ric has caused some damage to the RB14 during the filming day yesterday. Not good when its a very real possibility that the damaged items are one of kind and they don't have spares produced yet. It was wet, it was green, so always a danger. Will this have an impact on his season? his mentality and confidence in the car?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Posted some links to some videos yesterday. This is a brilliant YouTube channel, loads of F1 related videos.

CRONOS STUDIOS

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUimdP...DMQ/videos
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-s...h-in-rb14/

Danny's oops moment. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Boy was I wrong......

I'm reading alot of positives for McLaren in regards to sponsors and partnerships. So Zac brown seems to be doing a good job, or is he....

One I did read is its partnership with Petrobas for supplying fuel, perhaps oil and lubricants also. While this might bring a bit of money to me it seems like a backwards step. Petrobas left F1 end of 2016, ending its deal with Williams. So that's a year out of the game, to now come back and design a fuel for a new engine, Renault this time. There can be a fair gain from good fuel development and for McLaren to dump BP/Castrol who worked with Renault last year is mind boggling.

(20-02-2018, 07:56 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I'm reading alot of positives for McLaren in regards to sponsors and partnerships. So Zac brown seems to be doing a good job, or is he....

One I did read is its partnership with Petrobas for supplying fuel, perhaps oil and lubricants also. While this might bring a bit of money to me it seems like a backwards step. Petrobas left F1 end of 2016, ending its deal with Williams. So that's a year out of the game, to now come back and design a fuel for a new engine, Renault this time. There can be a fair gain from good fuel development and for McLaren to dump BP/Castrol who worked with Renault last year is mind boggling.

They must have some excuse when they will not provide this year and it can not be the engine anymore...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(20-02-2018, 08:32 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  They must have some excuse when they will not provide this year and it can not be the engine anymore...

That made me smile Anti :-) Glad I'm not the only cynical old bloke on this board!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(20-02-2018, 08:40 PM)morini Wrote:  
(20-02-2018, 08:32 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  They must have some excuse when they will not provide this year and it can not be the engine anymore...

That made me smile Anti :-) Glad I'm not the only cynical old bloke on this board!

hehe, it made me sadface : (