2021 Monaco GP

(24-05-2021, 10:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:   I drink Single Malts!!!!

A more expensive barley gut rot then   Big Grin

Joking of course, quite partial to the odd sup myself

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

"We lose as one".......except when we can partially blame someone

“Valtteri stopped a little too early,” said Wolff, quoted by Auto Motor und Sport, indicating he had pulled up slightly short of his marks.

“This meant the mechanic had to apply the impact wrench at an angle. The awkward angle damaged the wheel nut and we couldn’t bring it down.”

This comes a day after a couple of the more dodgy sites claim an insider has informed them VB is 100% out at the end of the season... GR has already signed a 2 year deal with the German outfit.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-05-2021, 11:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  "We lose as one".......except when we can partially blame someone

“Valtteri stopped a little too early,” said Wolff, quoted by Auto Motor und Sport, indicating he had pulled up slightly short of his marks.

“This meant the mechanic had to apply the impact wrench at an angle. The awkward angle damaged the wheel nut and we couldn’t bring it down.”

This comes a day after a couple of the more dodgy sites claim an insider has informed them VB is 100% out at the end of the season... GR has already signed a 2 year deal with the German outfit.

Quote Toto.

“So there are always things coming together. It’s never someone’s fault, it’s always multi-faceted."

Yeah I read that, from a Russian on PF1, fingers crossed George has already signed.     Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

What a poor excuse. It may be a valid reason it happened but was the wheel gun operator unaware that if he went at "an angle" it could result in a stripping of the threads? I mean how difficult was it for him to move a little to compensate.

It was just a horrible weekend for Mercedes. Excluding Bottas they all need to take a look in the mirror this week.

Toto did get one phrase right. 'He stopped to early' Yes Toto that would be Lewis Hamilton!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Ferrari say the failure that led to Charles Leclerc's retirement before the start of the Monaco Grand Prix was caused by his crash in qualifying. The team were not initially sure what led to the left-hand driveshaft hub failure that caused Leclerc to lose drive after he left the pits pre-race. However Monday's investigation at their Maranello factory confirmed it was a consequence of Saturday's accident.

In other news scientists have discovered the sun does actually rise in the East!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(25-05-2021, 11:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  "We lose as one".......except when we can partially blame someone

Poor Bottas, he ain't the best racer but he fits the spot for Mercedes since he keeps Hamilton happy and in that car still  has been fast enough to end as second of third of the year (and therefor secure the second championship). He doesn't deserve this. If the reason would be that Bottas stopped to early, all four wheels should have the same issue. Just plain stupid excuse. 
Just a bad weekend for every single person in Mercedes, that is it. They should just accept it and focus on next race since they still have the fastest car and are bound to win both championships this year again (only Red Bull/Verstappen is closer this year and will punish them with every mistake).

Bottas out and Russell in would be very interesting. First Russell deserves it, but second I think he really can make it hard on Hamilton, a lot harder than Bottas or Rosberg could. Lets hope it is true.

(25-05-2021, 04:26 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Ferrari say the failure that led to Charles Leclerc's retirement before the start of the Monaco Grand Prix was caused by his crash in qualifying. The team were not initially sure what led to the left-hand driveshaft hub failure that caused Leclerc to lose drive after he left the pits pre-race. However Monday's investigation at their Maranello factory confirmed it was a consequence of Saturday's accident.

In other news scientists have discovered the sun does actually rise in the East!!!

Just Ferrari being Ferrari.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Maybe I ask this question in the wrong spot but I am stupid: why is the 2021 Azerbaijan GP thread closed?

Got to have a 27B-6.

(07-06-2021, 06:17 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Maybe I ask this question in the wrong spot but I am stupid: why is the 2021 Azerbaijan GP thread closed?

Try again Anti, it lets me in, If you have no joy I'll leave a message for Morini to have a look.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Sorted now Anti, thread reopened

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Thanks guys. Now I it feels so build up, I don't dare to say anything in there no more...

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post