2020 Australian GP - event cancelled

(12-03-2020, 10:58 PM)morini Wrote:  Not touched a drop of alcohol in 2020, but at this point in time I am sorely tempted to crack open a bottle :-(

Fair play buddy, I havent touched a drop since.......last night  Tongue

There must be quite a bit of contractual wrangling going on....as in who will cover costs, who is liable etc etc etc, either way this clusterf*ck is doing serious harm to f1 reputation.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-03-2020, 11:00 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Fair play buddy, I havent touched a drop since.......last night  Tongue

I'm envious, could murder a stiff gin round about now Smile

In all seriousness, I force myself to do this every few years to try to convince myself I'm not borderline alcoholic!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1238220264501997568

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(12-03-2020, 11:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://twitter.com/i/status/1238220264501997568

FFS!!!

Just tell the poor saps waiting to get in that it's off. Put people out of their misery rather than stringing them along.  How can it go ahead with McLaren pulling out and two drivers from other teams buggering off home?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Never has Steiner`s words rang more true

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

<morini sticks head in sand>

Only 2 hrs 45 mins to P1 then chaps.

Staying up to watch it are we?

</morini takes head out of sand>
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Bloody hell....

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has stated that no fans will be allowed into Albert Park for the Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix if the event does indeed continue #F1 #AusGP

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Hate to tell you but it is off.

My friend in the paddock told me the teams are packing up. They decided not to race.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-03-2020, 11:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
My friend in the paddock told me the teams are packing up. They decided not to race.

Yeah been reading this for the past hour or so

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-03-2020, 11:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hate to tell you bit it is off.

Yes, well. We heard the same but there is still nothing on f1.com. The fact drivers have allegedly gone home kind of gave the game away.

Benson reported it was off over 5 hours ago and there's plenty been of comments under that article confirming and denying it ever since. We all know it's off but it would be nice to hear it from an official source.

Forza says the teams voted 5:5 so that's hardly "the teams deciding not to race".
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post