Pre-season testing 2019

Honda still got the thunderous off-throttle gurgle, love it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

My thoughts so far are that most teams seem to have the reliability down. Ferrari seem to have their car dialed in quicker than most, 1.7 seconds quicker than anyone else, which you can't read much into obviously, and I still can't work out which bloody tyres everyone is on. Doing my head in, why did they need to change the tyres? Utterly confusing, baffling and mental.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

On the autosport link Jody, there is a tyre key, which is a little helpful. One could ASSume everyone is either on Mediums or Softs atm (I caps ASS because thats what I'll be when its completely wrong : P )

https://twitter.com/publogic/status/1097458102520217600

Trackside stream.

Thats lunch!

OK, so it seems both RBR and Merc are on the second hardest compounds, and Ferrari might be two but definitely one step softer. Have no idea about fuel loads either. Merc look heavy, RBR not so sure, could be heavily fueled too. I'd guess Ferrari are lighter, but obviously you can't be sure. Sure most teams will be happy with their progress this morning g though.

Yep, according to Karun/sky " Mercedes and Red Bull have been running around on the second-hardest compound available as well - that's Compound 2, folks (do bear with us...) - whereas Vettel has been on a tyre which is one-step softer, including when he set that eye-catching 1:18.161 time."

Williams set to spend longer on Testing sidelines
The news doesn't get any better for the Grove team, with a first sighting of the FW42 not looking likely until Day Three at best...

Claire Williams: "It is looking more likely than not that we will now not be in a position to run on track until Wednesday at the earliest. This is obviously extremely disappointing, but it is unfortunately the situation we are in.

"We will be getting the FW42 on track as soon as we are able."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

As I said on the Williams thread the other day, I'd heard they'd be missing the first two days at least. My insider thinks they might miss the entire first week.

[Image: DzrtU5RWkAAeBLa.jpg]
A diverse crowd.

[Image: Dzr-ysYX0AArMnw.jpg:large]
Safe to say Merc are indeed heavy, and cursing, so too Renault. Especially into T10 where Sector 2 ends just before the corner, evident to see those who braked before and after the intermediate.

Great amount of laps from the Renault powered cars. It's nice to see McLaren have a positive first day, even if it goes to hell this afternoon, it'll still be better than the last 3 years.

[Image: Dzr_AxyX0AEkgJK.jpg]

*C2 is the medium tyre and C3 is the soft

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah the diversity of front wings Hesh is really interesting. The past few seasons we've seen minor differences in the front wing area, but at the start of these regs we're seeing outwash, inwash and a few mixed strategies too. Be interesting to see if they converge at some point this season, and who has got it right.

Turned on the telly 2 mins ago to watch a bit of testing, first voice I hear is Crofty.....not so sure about watching now Sad

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post