Pre-season testing 2019

Formula 1 fans will be treated to an early look at the 2019 F1 cars with live coverage of winter testing on Sky Sports F1.

Sky F1 will be broadcasting live from Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on all four days when the first pre-season test is held on February 18-21.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-on-sky-f1

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Good stuff Sky, I wont have to hunt bootleg streams, 'though I probably will anyway.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

For the Barcelona test the colours of the 5 compounds will be:
C1 (+ hard) White Pirelli letters
C2 White letters and stripes
C3 Yellow letters and stripes
C4 Red letters and stripes
C5 (+ soft) Red letters

It was translated from a Spanish tweet, but I'm already confused, lol. 

For races:
Hard: White
Medium: Yellow
Soft: Red

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: formula-1-barcelona-february-t-2.jpg]

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/barce...e/4328024/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

So it is going to be difficult to know what teams are running. Stripe or no stripe, they'll look the same while spinning.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(24-01-2019, 02:44 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  So it is going to be difficult to know what teams are running. Stripe or no stripe, they'll look the same while spinning.

Starting to wonder about my life choices...……. never noticed the stripes!   Rolleyes    Laughing

Any idea if we can watch the testing for free chaps? otherwise I will have to renew my SKY F1 contract a month early. Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(24-01-2019, 04:09 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Any idea if we can watch the testing for free chaps? 

Other than the usual dodgy sites and apps I wouldnt imagine so buddy  Sad

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Last year there were good track side streams, I found them on Youtube, and on the twitter. Might even get the Sky or F1Tv bootleg on Youtube at intermittent intervals.

Alonso to run for McLaren in the Barcelona testing?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4050/...aren-test/

Is this a good idea? Even if for just half a day, will it demoralise their two drivers, or are they in favour of this. Sure, it would be good to have his feedback and input, but personally if I was Lando or Carlos, if there was a afternoon of testing going free, I'd want to be in the car.

I guess it is good for correlation, and comparing this cars developments to the last.

mmmmm....tricky one that Hesh, pro`s and cons regardless of which way you look at it.....your 2 new drivers getting the most time available in their new car vs a very experienced pilot giving feedback/input on strengths and weaknesses of the current car