2024 Chinese GP

It's been a while...     Stop

First visit in five years, one FP, a resurfaced track, possible rain, then shitty sprit quali, 
what could possibly go wrong?...  Tongue

Can Charles beat Carlos? can Danny beat Yuki? can Lewis finally put some manners on George?    Shutup

Will Checo beat Max....  Laughing

On the bright side its World Super bike's at the Cathedral of speed!!!!   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(18-04-2024, 12:35 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  On the bright side its World Super bike's at the Cathedral of speed!!!!   

And dont forget the opening round of BSB from Navarra And even more bike racing from Le Mans (EWC)...... but yeah, F1 this weekend  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-04-2024, 09:11 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(18-04-2024, 12:35 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  On the bright side its World Super bike's at the Cathedral of speed!!!!   

And dont forget the opening round of BSB from Navarra And even more bike racing from Le Mans (EWC)...... but yeah, F1 this weekend  Tongue

Yup Gag's has a planned schedule than MUST be followed!   Wink

Chinese Grand Prix weather forecast

The weather forecast for the Chinese GP weekend is looking promising, with a mix of sunshine and light breezes across the three days of action.

Here's a detailed breakdown of what to expect:

Friday, April 19 - FP1 & Sprint Shootout

Light rain showers and a moderate breeze are expected for the opening day, with a maximum temperature of 21°C and a minimum of 14°C.

Rain isn't likely to play a role during practice, but there's 38% chance of precipitation while the cars are on track for the Sprint Shootout.

Saturday, April 20 - Sprint & Qualifying

Saturday may see some cloud cover roll in. There's a chance of light rain showers during the day, and the clouds will look threatening, but there's only a 10% chance of precipitation during the Sprint session. Qualifying should remain dry too, with a 0% chance of rain.

The maximum temperature will reach 22°C, dropping down to a cool 13°C at night.

Sunday, April 21 - Race

Light rain and a gentle breeze are expected during Sunday's race. The highest temperature is predicted to be 20°C, with a minimum of 13°C at night.

With a 22% chance of rain during the grand prix itself, the stage is set for an exciting and strategic race at the Shanghai International Circuit.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(18-04-2024, 11:42 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yup Gag's has a planned schedule than MUST be followed!   Wink

Good lad Gags, hope the snack cupboard is full & the local Chinese takeaway is on speed-dial......gonna be a long weekend of viewing  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-04-2024, 01:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(18-04-2024, 11:42 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yup Gag's has a planned schedule than MUST be followed!   Wink

Good lad Gags, hope the snack cupboard is full & the local Chinese takeaway is on speed-dial......gonna be a long weekend of viewing  Big Grin

Oh yes   Tongue

Quote Gag's > "you forgot the WEC from Imola - 6 hours & Indycar from Long beach California Shrek DER"   Rolleyes

I'm not joking he has start/finish times all worked out, Mama said
"so you're not doing anything around the house this weekend then?"    Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I will watch the "race" itself but cannot be bothered with anything else.

You can keep your Sprint races, I mean all the full length races are hard enough to watch and but a shorter version of a bore, who came up with that idea and thought it was good.

Harder than ever to watch, the only thing is whether Ferrari stand a chance there is literally nothing else to hang your hat on. I wish I liked the bike events like most of you guys do but I just cannot get into it. Thank goodness the cricket season has started. Watching a 4 day County Championship match with 5 men and a dog in attendance is more enjoyable than F1 these days. FAR more enjoyable.

On a serious note I hope all you guys and your families are doing well.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(18-04-2024, 03:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  On a serious note I hope all you guys and your families are doing well.

Same, hope all's good in your world mate.

THE STORY BEHIND SHANGHAI'S "PAINTED" F1 TRACK SURPRISE   (MotorSport)

Made in China   Laughing

Formula 1 drivers were handed a surprise during their track walks in Shanghai on Thursday by the fresh dark appearance of the Chinese Grand Prix venue.

Having had no notification in pre-event notes from the FIA regarding any resurfacing, the colour of the asphalt – which has already worn away on the racing line in places – left some concluding that the circuit had had a paintbrush taken to it.

As Daniel Ricciardo said: "It looks like they've painted the track or something. They've done something to the surface.

"I don't know how the track's going to change, or if it's going to be the same or super slippery. But maybe that changes the way the tyres behave."

Ricciardo was not the only driver questioning what the impact would be on a weekend when teams are mindful that there is just one hour of practice before sprint qualifying starts.

World champion Max Verstappen said he hadn't seen anything like it since his karting days when efforts were made to improve grip on old tracks.

"It looks like they've painted it, not resurfaced," said the Red Bull driver.

Ferrari's Carlos Sainz explained that the situation had left drivers and team a bit confused.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

So following the small fire trackside in fp1.......we have yet another fire on a patch of grass during quali.

edit: Looks like its going to piss down so shouldnt be an issue for the rest of the session

edit 2: Yep, lashed down, Q3 was more like Bambi on ice than top level car racing......bring on the bike action!

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Andrea Stella to Sky on Norris's pole lap being reinstated: "It was reinstated by the FIA themselves. You go off at the last corner, you launch at much lower speed, and effectively Lando loses almost three-tenths because he’s been off at the previous last corner."

I was of the belief the white lines define the track limits, if you go all 4 wheels over the line you lose the lap and the following, no if`s or buts about it?

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-04-2024, 10:27 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Andrea Stella to Sky on Norris's pole lap being reinstated: "It was reinstated by the FIA themselves. You go off at the last corner, you launch at much lower speed, and effectively Lando loses almost three-tenths because he’s been off at the previous last corner."

I was of the belief the white lines define the track limits, if you go all 4 wheels over the line you lose the lap and the following, no if`s or buts about it?

I think that losing the current lap is the rule and is fair. Losing the following lap must be dependent on it being advantageous which should be looked at by the stewards.
Of course I am biased as its McLaren and Lando but seems fair to me and I would only argue if it was Max..... Rolleyes

Am I the only one that suspects that the green grass (which in my experience is extremely hard to ignite let alone keep ablaze compared to dry yellow/brown grass) has been coated with something combustible or even a film of the bitumen?
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post