2023 Belgian GP

Belgian Grand Prix weather forecast

Friday

Rain is forecast throughout Thursday meaning by the time the cars hit the track in practice at 1.30pm local time on Friday, putting down some rubber on the racing line will be a priority.

Even then, that may not happen, with rain also forecast throughout Friday and even thundery showers predicted for practice as well as qualifying later on in the evening at 5pm.

Temperatures will be unseasonably low too at just below 20 degrees Celsius, meaning any water on the track is unlikely to evaporate quickly if any dry spells emerge.

Saturday

Saturday is much the same as Friday, albeit with a small chance of sunny spells but rain is once again forecast to fall throughout the entire afternoon.

That includes the sprint shootout starting at midday, and also the sprint race at 4.30pm.

This is threatened by thundery showers once more yet the chances of rain do drop below 50 per cent. This being Spa though, that is likely to change very quickly throughout the week.

Sunday

The best of the weather - if you want to call it that - is set to feature on race day. Sunny intervals and rain showers are set to fall during the 3pm race but at this stage it is only expected to light - and certainly not race stopping like the infamous 2021 debacle that lasted two laps.

Given Spa's notorious micro-climate don't be surprised to find a situation where the top of the long Kemmel straight is soaked with rain, while on the otherside of the circuit the La Source hairpin is bone dry and under sunshine.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 7 users Like PapaofGags's post

New side pods on the Mercedes, read bigger upgrades at SPA than Silverstone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

It'll still be 0.75 off the red bull race day. Nobody is catching up with them until the next reg change, unfortunately.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(27-07-2023, 11:02 PM)morini Wrote:  It'll still be 0.75 off the red bull race day. Nobody is catching up with them until the next reg change, unfortunately.

Kelly's Heroes (1970) - Negative Waves again... - YouTube     Laughing

Verstappen hit with Belgian GP grid penalty after F1 gearbox change.

Yeah that should make the world of difference... he's basically done now... there's no way he can win the race from 5th.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

(28-07-2023, 11:32 AM)Westie Wrote:  Yeah that should make the world of difference... he's basically done now... there's no way he can win the race from 5th.

Yup agree...... he could start from Brussels & still win   Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

FP1 was a dead loss. Doubt they'll be starting quali at 4pm if the conditions are like the end of practice.

Verstappen could start from the pitlane and still win, such is that cars advantage.

(28-07-2023, 01:41 PM)morini Wrote:  FP1 was a dead loss. Doubt they'll be starting quali at 4pm if the conditions are like the end of practice.

We got it on now watching F2, It's better than earlier, almost dry, can't understand why they haven't moved F1 around.

If quali doesn't go ahead Lewis would start 3rd, best place to start at SPA.

Providing he can start ok this time!   Laughing

Why've they delayed quali by 10 mins? They should get it started while it's not raining.

Muppets.