2023 Monaco GP

Formula 1 will produce television coverage of the Monaco Grand Prix for the first time this year, ending the local hosts’ control over the race, Motorsport Broadcasting has learnt.
Previously, the local station Tele Monte Carlo produced coverage of the blue-ribbon event, but now F1 will control the broadcasting aspects of the event, including the World Feed.
This change means that F1 will produce the World Feed for every race during a given season, which is the first time this has happened.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yawn!

I know you guys rate this for it's Saturday afternoon time challenge but given we know the top 2 or perhaps even 3 it really is a waste of a scheduled racing timeslot.

We're losing far better tracks on the schedule to crap circuits like this one and Las Vegas and Miami.

Sorry, banging on... I should just be happy there's a race given the loss of the Emilia Romagna racing last weekend ................. nah sorry would happily miss this one to!!

Think I'll take the bike out for a run.... give it a good clean afterwards ... wash vacuum out the cars..... mow a few lawns..... spark up the barbie then on sunday evening spend 5 minutes noting the non-event on catch up and probably get far more entertainment from seeing what you guys post about it.

I look forward to Spain.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

(19-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Westie Wrote:  Think I'll take the bike out for a run.... give it a good clean afterwards ... wash vacuum out the cars..... mow a few lawns..... spark up the barbie then on sunday evening spend 5 minutes noting the non-event on catch up and probably get far more entertainment from seeing what you guys post about it.

But, but, but... you will later regret missing all those Z-listers who attend for the love of racing cars and nothing to do with being seen at a social event & hoping to be seen in their latest designer outfit.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Seen this earlier  Huh

Charles Leclerc's Monaco curse:

• 2017 F2 -- DNF, Suspension
• 2017 F2 -- DNF, Electrical
• 2018 F1 -- DNF, Brakes
• 2019 F1 -- DNF, Puncture/Damage
• 2021 F1 -- DNS, Left Driveshaft
• 2022 F1 -- P4, botched strategy from pole

I am already sick and tired of the "Crown Jewel" comments the whole weekend is a total sham.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Seconded!
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

Pah, Crown Jewel is nothing.... wait til youve heard Crofty say "Monegasque" for the 40th time....and thats just in fp1  Laughing

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2023, 03:28 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I am already sick and tired of the "Crown Jewel" comments the whole weekend is a total sham.
(23-05-2023, 04:05 PM)Westie Wrote:  Seconded!
(23-05-2023, 04:24 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Pah, Crown Jewel is nothing.... wait til youve heard Crofty say "Monegasque" for the 40th time....and thats just in fp1  Laughing

Weather for the "Monegasque" Grand Prix the "Crown Jewel" of the Formula 1 season....     Tongue

Friday

Starting on Friday, the weather is expected to be sunny all day according to the BBC with a slight breeze emanating from the south-west. Temperatures are likely be very consistent, ranging between 21 and 22 degrees Celsius.

With a 3 per cent chance of precipitation throughout Friday's tack time, it appears as though these wet weather tyres will remain under blankets for the foreseeable.

Thursday could bring rain and some thundery showers but with glorious temperatures predicted on Friday, the track should have had time to dry out.

Saturday

Saturday represents virtually no change from Friday with the lovely summery temperatures set to continue.

Once again, temperatures will remain consistent between 21 and 22 Celsius with very little prospect of disruption during the all-important qualifying session. It is the one where you need to be a the front and these conditions look like they will provide us with no jumbled-up grid.

The wind direction is slightly altered so that it is coming from the south, but it is set to be very light. With regards to rain, the chances rise to 8 per cent, so it will still be of very little concern to team bosses.

Sunday

Race day is also primed to be completely unaffected by any errant weather conditions which will be music to the eras of those who qualify at the front of the grid.

Temperatures are set to remain around 22 Celsius for the start time of 2pm and gentle winds will come from the south.

If that wasn't enough, then current forecasts estimate a ZERO per cent chance of rain for the whole of Sunday.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2023, 05:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Weather for the "Monegasque" Grand Prix the "Crown Jewel" of the Formula 1 season....    Wink

Dont fecking start Paps  Tongue

(23-05-2023, 05:25 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 05:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Weather for the "Monegasque" Grand Prix the "Crown Jewel" of the Formula 1 season....    Wink

Dont fecking start Paps  Tongue

Hahaha   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post