F1 Gossip

Although Ferrari ended their drought this season, the Scuderia taking four wins after two seasons without a P1, F1’s rumour mill says it was not enough to save Binotto’s career, not when balanced against the team’s numerous mistakes with him at the helm.

According to reports, it is just a matter of time before Ferrari announce his exit with Vasseur replacing him.

The Alfa Romeo team boss has been coy about the rumours, reportedly telling Belgian journalist Gaetan Vigneron of RTB: “I won’t tell you anything, but you’ll know soon enough.”

One person Gazzetta dello Sport says is waiting eagerly for the news is Ferrari driver Leclerc.

While Binotto made it clear to the driver, especially at this year’s British Grand Prix, that no driver is bigger than the team, Vasseur is expected to make the Monégasque driver the team’s undisputed number one driver ahead of Carlos Sainz.

The Frenchman is a man who believes in number ones, saying a few years back: “For the last 25 years, all good projects have been built around a reference driver. Ferrari with Schumacher, Renault with Alonso, Red Bull with Vettel, Mercedes with Hamilton.”

Then another #Story   Laughing

Ross Brawn has been linked with a sensational return to Ferrari as speculation continues to mount regarding the future of current team principal Mattia Binotto.

Italian newspaper La Stampa has now reported potential candidates that are believed to be in the running for the job, including Brawn, the man who, in his role as technical director, helped steer Ferrari to six constructors' and five drivers' titles.

Gone fishing  Beer

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

As much as I like Fred as a person I am 100% convinced he is not the man for the job, not by a long shot!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I read a rumour that Ferrari were after Seidl to replace Binotto but apparently he doesn't want to move. Not sure if there's any truth in it because it appeared on my phone news feed from one of the amateur cheap and nasty sites. He'd be a good hire though, I reckon.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Multiple sources in UAE media reporting that the son of FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem, Saif Muhammad bin Salim has died.

Sources in Dubai claim that the young Ben Sulayem was involved in a car accident, which resulted in his death on Tuesday. This, however, has yet to be officially confirmed, but today local newspapers did report the passing and mourning schedule as per Islamic traditions.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, no parent should have to bury their child, very sad.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has been awarded a CBE in the 2024 New Year's Honours list, while former McLaren chief Ron Dennis has been made a knight of the realm.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, have a good`un lads.

[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post