So... how do you like them apples?

It is being reported that many F1 teams are going to struggle to finish the full race season under the current budget cap rules... is anyone shocked?  I for one am not at all surprised.

I posted during the Australian GP that Haas and Williams were one crash away from not being able to compete.  You cannot continue to increase the number of races, increase the mileage by these stupid sprints and expect teams to stay within a fake cap situation. You cannot have your cake and eat it Liberty.  You either cut down on the number of races or you let the teams spend more. Oh, and whilst we are doing this lets make sure the bottom teams have enough money to actual stay solvent and in the sport because its going to look pretty stupid when we have say 5 or 6 teams left racing which could well be where we are heading.

The mismanagement of this sport is astoundingly incompetent. I am actually more than half serious that if you gathered all the Banterers into a room we could do a better job of protecting and advancing F1. The best teams and those with more money will always be the winners that is just the way sports is. I know you guys are not really soccer orientated (Except Ian who is a very happy bunny right now) but in the English Premier League Manchester City and Liverpool are absolutely dominant and it is not going to change anytime soon. F1 has always been this way and you know what its no worse for it. Its not like one team for the last 30 years has dominated. It has at least rotated and would have probably continued to do so.

There are many ways to improve the spectacle that are being ignored by Liberty. You guys are I am sure sick and tired of me telling you they are Americanizing the sport of F1 ( Trying to make everyone a winner regardless).  F1 is not my major spectator sport but I would be gutted to see it continue to go down hill which is very sad indeed. Much has been made of the proposed entry into F1 of Audi and Porsche.  Big deal what are they bringing two new teams? No, one partnering with Red Bull and one looking to buy out another team. How does that improve things? You would think the heads of those two corporations have the Liberty Media on film doing things they should not do. I feel like all these rule changes and the proposed ones for 2026 are all about those two companies.  As for the Andretti connection dont hold your breathe It would not shock me to see that IF he comes onto the sport it will be because he has brought out Gene Haas>

Doom and Gloom for F1 in my book
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Very little I could disagree with Neil, but before I commit...........how much are we getting paid to sort this sh*t-show out?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I was thinking 25 % of the house take " What do you think Milt"
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(26-05-2022, 04:12 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I was thinking 25 %  of the house take " What do you think Milt"

I wouldve done it for a lot less.....but now youve offered, count me in!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post