2022 Brazilian GP

(14-11-2022, 07:12 PM)black Wrote:  I'll echo all you lads above and congratulate George Russell on a perfect performance. The lad has the temperament for it, that is for sure. I am expecting great things from him if the car is there or thereabouts next year. I've doubted his Sunday pace in some of the races this year, but yesterday he had all the pace he needed and managed those behind him like a master. I was very impressed with that drive.

Great drive from Lewis as well to recover after that typically clumsy Verstappen lunge. Could the reigning double world champion be more of an arsehole than he demonstrated yesterday with those team orders? No doubt he'll surpass that selfish outing at some point, but it is clear he thinks he is bigger than his team. Complete knob jockey.

Interesting that many think the multi21 was a massive downer amd the thin end of the wedge for Vettel at RBR and the spineless way they dealt with it was bad for PR which is what RBR is all about. 
When people boo Max and the sponsorship starts to wain because of the behaviour,  RBR will then have to start thinking about having a proper word with him and in my opinion his dad who coaches the behaviour into him.
Haven't had chance to watch race as in away again but looking forward to watching when I get back.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Hope your travels are safe and hope you are back for the last race. Forza is being a nightmare in Chat hopefully you can calm him down Smile

Catching up on some F1 views and comments today from around the internet and its a pretty universal condemnation of Max Verstappen's refusal to allow his team mate Perez through in Brazil to help him get second place. Personally I do not like team orders like this but I totally accept it is part and parcel of F1 and always has been. The most famous is still probably the immortal words "Fernando is faster than you can you confirm you understood that message"

Verstappen is not the first to ignore team orders and will not be the last. That said what he was being asked to do in no way damaged his position, his statistics or his standing (such as it is) in the order of things.

I am not in the best position to discuss Red Bull because I hate them with a passion. I have to say if I was a team principle and one of my drivers ignored this particular request (ie helping another team mate at no cost to you) I would remove him from the car for the next race. Do I think this will happen. No, of course not.  I doubt any team on the current grid barring possibly Haas and good old Gunther Steiner would do so but if I want to keep control of my team and send a message that NOBODY is above the team you better me when I say I would do it in a heart beat.

Verstappen is trash. I am not a big fan of Perez either but he has helped Verstappen in countless races over the last two seasons and it just goes to show what a totally classless piece of garbage he is.  On Youtube many of his Orange Army Fans in fact countless numbers of them are calling him out which is refreshing to see.

Inaction by Red Bull in any way is just further proof of this guys entitlement on and off the track. (At the very least he should be fined by the team if only for appearances sake which frankly speaking is all it would be.) I want to see this guy disrespected on track by all drivers next year make him earn every single corner and maybe go to the third Blue flag before you let him through and stay on the racing line and just slow down make that piece of crap get his tyres dirty!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(15-11-2022, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
Catching up on some F1 views and comments today from around the internet and its a pretty universal condemnation of Max Verstappen's refusal to allow his team mate Perez through 

Apart from the usual suspects (the loons) I was pleasantly surprised that quite a few Max fans were pretty disgusted at his actions, petulant, arrogant, spoilt & dick head were frequently mentioned.

One guy's comment who I have locked horns with really made me laugh.

Dutchman 

"I truly hope they give Max his own wheelgun when he makes a pitstop next race."     Laughing

Another

"As a Max fan, or perhaps more precise, a former fan, I have to say this is the turning point for me. Loads of talent, zero personality, zero charisma,
100% end of bell.."

It was nice to see that they could acknowledge it was just plain out of order. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Statement from RBR

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-11-2022, 08:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Statement from RBR

Makes me smile when Red Bull say they want to deal with this internally.

"If" there is any truth about Checo deliberately binning it at Monaco the precedent is a 100 million dollar fine & exclusion from the constructor's championship. (crashgate)

Yeah I see the irony in "the precedent " Wink

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Total Bullshit, you expect me to believe the pit wall did not know the state of both the race and the Drivers Championship. You want to tell me Verstappen himself did not know the state of play. You want to tell me nothing was decided until the last corner. LIAR. You would have been better off saying nothing you poisoned ass wipe.

You are full of lies and you continue to show how much you cheat. This is why Verstappen is who he is, which is an entitled little prick who thinks the world around him should kiss his ass and be at his beck and call.

The abuse needs to stop, why is it getting under your skin because you cheating assholes have got under my skin for years and it ain't getting any better.

Poisonous team led by poisonous people.

PS Hamilton has been dealing with this stuff his whole all racing life. Verstappen must have a heart of glass, if he actually has one.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(17-11-2022, 11:17 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Poisonous team led by poisonous people.

Red Bull playing the victim card...... yet again     Nothingtosay

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

This didn't take long, I can just imagine the conversation "Checo apologize, or Daniel gets your car"    Shutup

Red Bull's Sergio Perez says he regrets some of the comments he made about Max Verstappen after the Formula 1 world champion ignored team orders in the Brazilian GP.

"Obviously F1, it's a very emotional sport,” said Perez. “And there is no other sport where you can speak yourself live, and it's only in F1 that this happens.

“So there's a lot of emotions going on in a lot of things to say.

“I obviously regret a lot of things that I said that the after the race because yeah, I am back with Max in the relationship that we used to have, and we are both on the team, and everyone is ready to move to move forwards."

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post