It's official

Christian Horner has confirmed that Red Bull are a bunch of cowboys by saying they have a "maverick" approach to their racing Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin .
[+] 2 users Like littleoldfatman's post

(17-03-2022, 07:44 AM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  Christian Horner has confirmed that Red Bull are a bunch of cowboys by saying they have a "maverick" approach to their racing Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin .

And yet these "cowboys" still managed to take the fight all season long to the might of Mercedes.  Laughing

(17-03-2022, 01:10 PM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  You obviously did not appreciate the humour that was intended.

Right over my head lol

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-03-2022, 01:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(17-03-2022, 07:44 AM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  Christian Horner has confirmed that Red Bull are a bunch of cowboys by saying they have a "maverick" approach to their racing Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin .

Right over my head lol

Its my guess this is a story from the crazy site, Its the latest barb from Horner, over the last two weeks its been almost every day, it feels like one dig after another from short spice to Mercedes/Toto/Lewis, childish really not to mention the flame wars it starts! 

PF1 is not known as the "crazy site" for no reason lol  Laughing

I'm getting to the point when I think If you can't discuss your problems in private like adults, do it the old fashioned way behind the bike sheds, then shake hands & grow up.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-03-2022, 05:08 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(17-03-2022, 01:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

Right over my head lol

Spot on lol.
[+] 2 users Like littleoldfatman's post

Prosecutors in Brazil are seeking a conviction against three-time world champion Nelson Piquet for controversial comments he made about Lewis Hamilton.

Piquet caused a global storm last summer when footage of him using racist slurs to describe Hamilton emerged during an interview in November 2021.

He was widely condemned for his words and banned from the F1 paddock despite an apology in which he claimed there were translation innacuracies and denied any racial intent.

In his comments, Piquet used the term "neguinho" in reference to Hamilton as he talked about the seven-time world champion's clash with Max Verstappen at the 2021 British Grand Prix. His daughter Kelly is Verstappen's current girlfriend.

Now, per major Brazilian outlet O Globo, groups in Brazil including Educafro and Aliança Nacional LGBTI+ are pursuing a public civil action which accuses Piquet of both racism and homophobia in his comments about Hamilton.

The suit, in the 20th Civil Court of Brasília, asks for compensation of R$10 million (£1.64million) for 'collective moral damage'.

According to the Federal Public Prosecutor's Office, the case "violates the rights of the victim and of the black and LGBTQIA+ population, considering both international and national norms".

Hamilton's immediate response when Piquet's comments emerged was to call for action and for change.

He said: "It’s more than language. These archaic mindsets need to change and have no place in our sport. I’ve been surrounded by these attitudes and targeted my whole life.

"There has been plenty of time to learn. Time has come for action."

Susie Wolff files criminal complaint against the FIA over December statements. (SKY F1)

Susie Wolff says she has filed a criminal complaint over the FIA's statements about her in December.

The FIA launched and then dropped an investigation in December over an alleged breach of confidentiality, finding Formula 1's compliance rules to be sufficiently robust to prevent any breaches of confidentiality.

The F1 Academy managing director - and wife of Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff - said she had lodged the complaint against Formula 1's governing body on March 4.

"I can confirm that I personally filed a criminal complaint in the French courts on the 4th of March in relation to the statements made about me by the FIA last December," Wolff said on Instagram.

"There has still not been any transparency or accountability in relation to the conduct of the FIA and its personnel in this matter.

I feel more than ever it is important to stand up, call out improper behaviour and make sure people are held to account.

"Whilst some may think silence absolves them from responsibility - it does not."

Bloody hell, even more off-track shithousery F1 finds itself in.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-03-2024, 11:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bloody hell, even more off-track shithousery F1 finds itself in.

You couldn't make it up, still with the on track racing being meh at least the off track stuff gives us a giggle  Wink

Well as you say Paps - with the racing being by the numbers these days the press are merely trying to drum up some interest in F1.

I'm in the sad position that I'm teetering on the edge of cancelling my Sky Subs and just watching catch up. The Australian GP has never been that interesting anyway - it was usually at the beginning of the schedule so quickly out of the way and forgotten. I'm merely waiting to see if Merc can resolve their issues come the European segment.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

(21-03-2024, 01:28 PM)Westie Wrote:  I'm in the sad position that I'm teetering on the edge of cancelling my Sky Subs and just watching catch up. 

Its sad, many are saying the same mate.

As Forza suggested maybe with the money saved get a MOTO GP pass, the racing is absolutely epic.

The World Super Bikes are on Discovery plus we pay £6.99 a month, there's a mad Turk rider there (a bloody smashing bloke) Toprak Razgatlioglu who's proper nuts, yet he rarely makes a mistake, once in a generation talent. 

There's a group of us who look way more forward to the bikes than the cars now.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post