Drive to Survive

Having just binge watched season 4 of Drive to Survive on Netflix I was astounded to see the level of animosity, almost hate displayed by Horner towards anything Mercedes, while Wolff can throw his toys out of the pram on occasions unlike Horner he does not tend to get nasty and spiteful.
[+] 4 users Like littleoldfatman's post

(13-03-2022, 01:25 AM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  Having just binge watched season 4 of Drive to Survive on Netflix I was astounded to see the level of animosity, almost hate displayed by Horner towards anything Mercedes, while Wolff can throw his toys out of the pram on occasions unlike Horner he does not tend to get nasty and spiteful.

I honestly think short spice & the Helmut deserve each other, I struggle to think of either of them saying "anything" nice about anybody out side of Red Bull, bordering on childish at times the pair of them...

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

The whole Red Bull team and management are entitled, arrogant and downright nasty. Verstappen has joined that tribe in earnest. There is a reason he has just signed another long contract with them because I personally feel no other top team would touch him. Some will say they overlook his bad points for his abilities I disagree I highly doubt Ferrari or Mercedes would ever sign him.

Horner is a grade A asshole, yet again this week he goes shooting his mouth off about Mercedes when ultimately they have done nothing wrong, that is what he is, that is what Red Bull are.

As a Hamilton and Mercedes fan I want him to win but frankly I am a devout ABRB (Anybody But Red Bull) fan. Also a huge British fan for Russell and Norris. I have a big feeling Russell will challenge Verstappen in a very different way to Hamilton and I hope he puts his elbows out just as Verstppen does and be damned. Its time he learned F1 is not all about him a few 'messy' incidents with Verstappen are just what this sport needs.

I hope the cars are closer this year and by that I mean other cars than Mercedes and Red Bull. My 'Impressions' are Red Bull ahve the best car and Mercedes are struggling McLaren Ferrari could be close with Alpine making strides. I hope that is true.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I agree with all the above, I think CH & TW are two peas of the same pod (TW is just more calculated in his quips and replies) both despicable twats whom I will be glad to see the back of in this sport.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I agree whole heartedly and if Mercedes are struggling this season then I will cheering on every other team except Red Bull and while I have always been generous with my congratulations when drivers/teams taste the sweet smell of success that will no longer be the case with Red Bull, I thought what I saw from Horner in DTS in season 4 was appalling. so if I may I would like to join your ABRB club, especially after the latest offering from Horner accusing Mercedes of "underhand tactics" and trying to discredit Verstappen's title, he goes on to say that "Michael Masi did not break their own rules" when the whole world can see he made a pigs out of Abu Dhabi and handed Max his WDC on a silver platter.

Marko and Horner would never allow it to happen but I would love to see Checo wipe that smug look off of Max's face.

Both are intelligent, clever, articulate and passionate men and in my opinion both are also very good team principals let down by their somewhat childish behaviour last season.

There is absolutely no doubt that Wolff has had his moments and his behaviour at times has left me cringing, but compared to Horner he is an angel, and if Niki was still around I don't believe we would have seen Wolff acting the way he has recently, Niki was a calming influence on the Mercedes team whereas his counterpart at Red Bull is the complete opposite and feeds the fire instead of trying to extinguish it.
[+] 4 users Like littleoldfatman's post

There is absolutely no doubt that Wolff has had his moments and his behaviour at times has left me cringing, but compared to Horner he is an angel, and if Niki was still around I don't believe we would have seen Wolff acting the way he has recently, Niki was a calming influence on the Mercedes team whereas his counterpart at Red Bull is the complete opposite and feeds the fire instead of trying to extinguish it.

Good point. I miss Lauda, he was a voice of reason, respectful to his opponents and very insightful.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

"Michael Masi did not break their own rules"

At the risk of stepping into politics (ish) I suspect that CH has attended the "Putin school of fact finding" where only a select few can see "the truth" and the other 99.9% of us are treated like cretins.

For what its worth, i think that both come across poorly compared to people like Seidl, Gunther and even Jos Capito when seen on DTS4 but Horner's blatant bile and disrespect for his competitors, the FIA (including marshals) and pretty much anyone else who disagrees with him genuinely shocked me when watching.

Toto was obviously thinking much the same quite often which isn't good but had better control of the filter between his brain and his gob which in my view discriminates him as an also ran in the arsehole stakes.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

It's not just me then as that was my take on it as well, Horner is a disgrace and he he's a man that lacks any kind of respect for anything or anyone outside of Red Bull, he also lacks the ability to lose gracefully, but then he can't win gracefully either.
[+] 5 users Like littleoldfatman's post

(15-03-2022, 06:57 AM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  It's not just me then 

You will find it's pretty rare we all agree about anything here lol.       Laughing

But Horner & track limits we "mostly" agree on...... there might be something else...... if so it escapes me!     Tongue

Edit:  "our Nige" is a legend, forgot that.     Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(15-03-2022, 06:57 AM)littleoldfatman Wrote:  It's not just me then as that was my take on it as well, Horner is a disgrace and he he's a man that lacks any kind of respect for anything or anyone outside of Red Bull, he also lacks the ability to lose gracefully, but then he can't win gracefully either.

I've not been reading on here much for the past few weeks. Very nice to see someone new on here, particularly in the off season!

Welcome.

Are you an expat or actually from the Philippines?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post