FIA reorganisation

Don't take this as gospel because I got a phone notification via an untrustworthy source, but apparently Masi and Tombazis are not present on the FIA org chart for 2022. I won't post the source as it is a mickey mouse website I don't trust. However, I went and downloaded the org chart from the FIA website and neither name appears, with Peter Bayers name against "single-seater"

Feel really sorry for Tombazis (if this is true) as nothing which transpired at Abu Dhabi was remotely to do with him. He looks after technical matters not the sporting rulebook. Masi though, well he doesn't deserve to keep his job for demonstrating that he was unable to apply the correct procedure and crumbled under pressure from a team principal. If he is not sacked he should do the honourable thing and resign. 

Who gets the role? Peter Bayer can't do it himself.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(13-01-2022, 11:42 AM)morini Wrote:  Don't take this as gospel because I got a phone notification via an untrustworthy source, but apparently Masi and Tombazis are not present on the FIA org chart for 2022. I won't post the source as it is a mickey mouse website I don't trust. However, I went and downloaded the org chart from the FIA website and neither name appears, with Peter Bayers name against "single-seater"

Feel really sorry for Tombazis (if this is true) as nothing which transpired at Abu Dhabi was remotely to do with him. He looks after technical matters not the sporting rulebook. Masi though, well he doesn't deserve to keep his job for demonstrating that he was unable to apply the correct procedure and crumbled under pressure from a team principal. If he is not sacked he should do the honourable thing and resign. 

Who gets the role? Peter Bayer can't do it himself.
Wasn't it Tombazis that made three random changes to the floor/aero regs that affected only Merc in a bid to slow them down ?  Im sure Toto blew a fuse at the time and questioned his morals.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(13-01-2022, 12:00 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Wasn't it Tombazis that made three random changes to the floor/aero regs that affected only Merc in a bid to slow them down ?  Im sure Toto blew a fuse at the time and questioned his morals.

Maybe buddy. I'm not sure of the facts on that one to be honest.

Changing technical rules to disadvantage a dominant team is not quite the same as making rules up to affect a race / championship outcome though. Not in my eyes anyway.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-01-2022, 11:42 AM)morini Wrote:  Who gets the role? Peter Bayer can't do it himself.

How about David Richards? Proven track record in F1 and other motorsports. From what I know of the guy he was always respected and I would think would bring some integrity to the position.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(13-01-2022, 12:47 PM)black Wrote:  How about David Richards? Proven track record in F1 and other motorsports. From what I know of the guy he was always respected and I would think would bring some integrity to the position.

Interesting shout. To be honest due to his vast motorsport experience I see him more of a great candidate for Jean Todt replacement than Masi, but I'm sure he would do a great job. Whoever they put in there needs to demonstrate some integrity so the drivers and fans regain some trust in F1 as a sporting contest.

Masi was a big mistake. A number of posters on here said so right at the start of his tenure.

Hate the fact a guy with practically no F1 experience is now the head of the chart. First words out of his mouth was to go after Hamilton for not attending the end of season gala. It is obvious to me there will be no changes of note and the ability to manipulate the results and races will remain in place. I do not blame Hamilton for not going it was about as big of a statement he could make at his situation and the fiasco and heavily manipulated end to the season.

Nothing that comes out of any internal investigation is going to be worth a crap. It is just like industry and the "self regulation" bullshit we see. Pointless, changes nothing and frankly is insulting to the public. I do think during the race teams should have zero contact with anyone. Personally I do not think they should be able to listen to other teams radio comments either.

To me with my limited F1 knowledge there is no obvious replacement for Masi. The very first thing anyone person would need is integrity and calling it as I see it there is an underlying and manipulating group within F1 so I am not sure it would matter anyway. I for one have lost totally any respect I had for the FIA (which was not much to start with) and for the fairness of the racing.

As for other things do I think Hamilton will quit. No, I do not. I do not think he would want to end his career like that. He overcome many obsticles last year including some of his own mistakes and basically won the Championship in all but name. He is still the best driver in F1.

Anyone notice the comment from Ross Braun that any team that gains an advantage next year will be reigned in? (unless its Red Bull of course)

Will we have clearer rules of engagement? No we will not. I would bet we will see little to no changes in the rules. Whatever is okay with Red Bull and Max Verstappen is okay will be the line of thought. Unless that is another driver decides to drive that way. I am calling it what it is. It is the Red Bull and Max Verstappen show. If you want to be World Champion in 2022 you have to beat Red Bull, Max Verstappen the FIA and the rule book. The future of F1 in Liberty and the FIA's eyes is that pairing. What other conclusion can you come too after Abu Dhabi.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

F1 teams have backed the appointment of Steve Nielsen as FIA sporting director.

Nielsen had held the concurrent role at F1 but has switched to the governing body to oversee sporting operations, including the development of race control activities.

Race control has come under heavy fire in recent seasons for a number of controversies, from the 2021 Abu Dhabi season finale to the fiasco surrounding the start of last season's Monaco Grand Prix and the presence of a recovery vehicle on track in treacherous conditions in Japan.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

F1 teams have ‘issues’ with ‘personal style of leadership of Mohammed Ben Sulayem’

A number of different F1 teams reportedly have “issues” with the leadership style of FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

There are even rumours that sport’s commercial arm was seeking to have the 61-year-old replaced despite only being a little over a year into his four-year term as president.

Sky Sports are reporting that the strained relationship has been patched up and said that “positive conversations” had taken place between the two parties but that a significant number of “high ranking individuals” at the teams still had issues with the president.

“No reply has come from the FIA to F1[‘s letter],” reporter Craig Slater said. “But I can also say that positive conversations continue between the two institutions. So they’re functioning normally as they need to do to keep the sport operating properly.

“But people [are] still telling me that they have issues with the kind of personal style of leadership that Mohammed Ben Sulayem has at the FIA and these are high ranking individuals from a number of different Formula 1 teams.”

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

The FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has stepped back from the day-to-day running of Formula 1 ahead of the new season.

Ben Sulayem was elected the president of F1’s governing body in December 2021, and quickly outlined a plan to restructure the FIA’s F1 operations.

This included an overhaul of race control, sparked by the controversial end to the 2021 season in Abu Dhabi, as well as changes to the senior FIA management such as appointing a CEO for the first time.

As part of this process, Ben Sulayem informed teams in a letter on Monday that he would be stepping back from hands-on involvement in F1, leaving the day-to-day handling of operations with FIA single seater director Nikolas Tombazis.

The FIA set out plans for a restructure of its senior F1 structure last month, which saw Tombazis take on a broader role, as well as the appointment of Steve Nielsen as sporting director after moving across from F1.

Ben Sulayem will remain involved in high-level decision-making and focusing on strategic matters, but Tombazis will be the primary point of contact for teams moving forward.

“The President’s manifesto clearly set out this plan before he was elected,” an FIA spokesperson told Autosport.

The move, which the FIA says was planned for some time, follows a series of controversies involving the president.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-02-2023, 02:02 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  The FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has stepped back from the day-to-day running of Formula 1 ahead of the new season.

I don't base this on anything other than "a feeling", but there's something about the bloke that doesn't sit right with me. He doesn't portray a trustworthy image IMO.

So, much like most of the F1 officialdom really Laughing