Sport vs Politics

Trust me living in the USA as I do I am so sick and tired of hearing about Political things right now but it got me thinking.

For the record I hate Politicians of all parties and in all countries, Politics reminds me of the Matrix movies 'as long as you give people a choice they will accept the programming' is the idea. Personally I think our 'Democracy' is an illusion but that is for another time another place.

As it relates to F1 is what I am interested to hear from you guys about where we race and you feel about that. Bahrain, China, Azerbaijan, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. I will confess I change like the wind one day I do not care and others I do.

Looking forward to your thoughts...
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

We race as one......except when vulgar amounts of dosh are involved Wink

I read this from the bellend Mercedes driver earlier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55091709

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I understand where you are going Forza but I am really wondering about peoples Ideas at a political level rather than one specific arguments on BLM. My personal opinion on that issue is ALM All live matter we are all human beings the colour of our skin, religious and indeed all beliefs do not and should not define us.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I wasnt referring to BLM at all buddy. Human rights are human rights regardless of skin colour and country, we race as one was set up as an initiative to fight the good fight against inequality WORLDWIDE.......imo f1 completely ignores this message by holding races in these countries whist attrocities continue to be blatantly carried out on a daily basis.....
Not for one moment am I suggesting that should F1 take a stand and refuse to race in these countries that all those problems will disappear, but doing so would at least send the right message & make the we race as one message come across a tad more credible.......I honestly think the we race as one is being used more so as a marketing ploy to be "on trend" in todays world....and then conveniently ignored when huge amounts of money are involved.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

F1 boss Chase Carey says he is 'proud to partner with Bahrainis' amid human rights criticism ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1333771033850077186

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Oh ffs Bernie

https://twitter.com/i/status/1542400005729828864

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-06-2022, 08:44 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Oh ffs Bernie

https://twitter.com/i/status/1542400005729828864

WTF! Bernie's "people" really should protect him from himself. It is time the old fart removed himself from the public eye completely. Sure, I realise that everything he does and says is done purely for maximum dramatic effect, but FFS!

For what it is worth I thought F1 was generally much better under his dictatorship than it is run by an American media organisation. But the old twat is well past his sell by date now and I cringe every time I see the media giving him airtime. What is it with ex F1 people? They all seem to be attention whores who don't much care what they say provided it keeps them on the TV.
[+] 5 users Like black's post

Lets face it,  the press giving Bernie airtime are doing it for just this kind of controversial response.  Bernie has lived in cloud cuckoo land for years and that was never gonna get any more real the older he gets.   Someone needs to protect him from them and himself.

The other day another Golden Era citizen and 3 x champion was telling Lewis to quit whilst he was ahead to maintain his legacy.... I mean really - they of all people should understand and admire the passion folks like Lewis and Alonso have for the sport and let them get on with it.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-hit.../10330324/

F1 hits out at Bernie Ecclestone’s Putin defence.

Formula 1 has said comments made by former grand prix supremo Bernie Ecclestone defending Vladimir Putin are in ‘very stark contrast’ to the values of the series.

Fecking Idjit.........       Dodgy        Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Six Just Stop Oil climate change protesters found guilty over Silverstone track protest.

Six Just Stop Oil climate change protesters have been found guilty of risking "serious harm" to Formula One drivers and race marshals during a track invasion at last year's British Grand Prix.

Jurors at Northampton Crown Court convicted the four men and two women of causing a public nuisance after being shown footage of five of them sitting on and being dragged off the circuit at Silverstone as two Formula One cars passed close by.

Six Just Stop Oil members convicted over last year's British Grand Prix protest were all told they face a possible prison sentence when they return to court on March 31 I all the defendants were granted bail after providing a verbal commitment not to become involved in further protests

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post