Red Bull choose Honda

I seen this dated November 2023

F1 giant Adrian Newey OBE commissions new 27m Oyster yacht to "sail around the world"....Due for delivery in 2024

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts...oyster-885

Perhaps his plans to sail around the globe have suddenly been brought forward?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-04-2024, 10:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I seen this dated November 2023

F1 giant Adrian Newey OBE commissions new 27m Oyster yacht to "sail around the world"....Due for delivery in 2024

Yeah Rab the YT guy was talking about this, some bit of kit eh? wonder if there is space for his valkyrie?   Wink

I bet Adrian & his Mrs are having a giggle as every petrol head on the planet are tying to work out his plans.

Big part of me hope's Paddy's right & he goes to McLaren.

Mind I'd be happy for him if he sailed the seven sea's.  Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(Yesterday, 12:38 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(26-04-2024, 10:44 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I seen this dated November 2023

Yeah Rab the YT guy was talking about this, some bit of kit eh? wonder if there is space for his valkyrie?   Wink

I bet Adrian & his Mrs are having a giggle as every petrol head on the planet are tying to work out his plans.

Big part of me hope's Paddy's right & he goes to McLaren.

Mind I'd be happy for him if he sailed the seven sea's.  Cool

I cant imagine that someone like Newey will walk out of RedBull on a Friday and start work for someone else on the following Monday, so some "gardening leave" is almost certainly likely. 

I have no idea how long it takes to sail around the world (although i would put money on it being less time than it takes to fill a pothole in my neck of the woods) and i don't know how good a sailor Newey is (I understand from a couple of articles that whilst he does race cars, he isn't very good at it), but i would imagine that would eat quite significantly into said "gardening leave".

He isn't going to get 6 months off from Ferrari, Aston Martin, Red Bull or McLaren next year since the rules change is fast approaching so now would be the perfect time to leave if he is going to and have a gap / rest / world cruise / aero-ponder etc before he takes up his new role / challenge.

The current Red Bull car doesn't look like it needs a lot of fixing / changing / development either so that also should be considered.
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

(Yesterday, 11:53 AM)PaddyB Wrote:  I cant imagine that someone like Newey will walk out of RedBull on a Friday and start work for someone else on the following Monday, so some "gardening leave" is almost certainly likely. 

I think I read somewhere (possibly something Paps linked) it could be a couple of years.....contracted for the rest this year and then probably up to 1 year gardening leave.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(Yesterday, 03:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 11:53 AM)PaddyB Wrote:  I cant imagine that someone like Newey will walk out of RedBull on a Friday and start work for someone else on the following Monday, so some "gardening leave" is almost certainly likely. 

I think I read somewhere (possibly something Paps linked) it could be a couple of years.....contracted for the rest this year and then probably up to 1 year gardening leave.

Yeah, thing is though I also read Adrian (might have been on the BBC F1 site) thought he could negotiate his way out of his contract, it didn't say how though, maybe he knows where the bodies are buried?...   Laughing

(Yesterday, 07:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah, thing is though I also read Adrian (might have been on the BBC F1 site) thought he could negotiate his way out of his contract, it didn't say how though, maybe he knows where the bodies are buried?...   Laughing

Well the girl who made the complaint was also Neweys PA so perhaps she has armed him with some "negotiation insight"

(Yesterday, 07:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 07:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah, thing is though I also read Adrian (might have been on the BBC F1 site) thought he could negotiate his way out of his contract, it didn't say how though, maybe he knows where the bodies are buried?...   Laughing

Well the girl who made the complaint was also Neweys PA so perhaps she has armed him with some "negotiation insight"

Yeah, Mark Hughes posted this about the PA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)