Tracks? again

(29-11-2017, 09:37 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  OMG I forgot Spa!! *hangs head in shame!*

Just put in there, they want a 21 race calendar anyway :-)
[+] 2 users Like ReneSpeksnijder's post

(29-11-2017, 09:37 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  OMG I forgot Spa!! *hangs head in shame!*

I have a couple of issues with yours JB, as I did this borne out of watching dull races, I see you have both Abu Dhabi and russia in, surely you need to correct this? also as I said about mine, if you feel any aren't good tracks, feel free to point them out Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

Yeah, mine was more about rearranging the current calendar that adding/removing (m)any.

I quite enjoy Bahrain/Abu Dhabi/Sochi when playing F1 games, I think they’re decent enough tracks - for me. If I was going to axe any races I don’t find particularly exciting to watch... well then my calendar would only have 5 races per season!!

Not to go off at a tangent - but the problem is the cars, not the tracks. Sort the aero out, let the PU performance inevitably converge and close racing will follow as a matter of course

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

nah, no tangent at all, not a gamer as you know so can't say on that, and take your point on aero, but was one of the reasons why I had both Japan tracks in mine, as I think both are great, but again, if you've played any of the ones I put in such as Estoril, Poznan, etc, would be happy to hear what you make of those ones - and surely you can agree Singapore is awful? also just too may 90 degree turns for me in Abi Dhabi

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133442...ove-racing

Why do I get the feeling they are going to change the wrong tracks and wreck some classics?

For overtaking majority of tracks seem fine. The obvious Monaco, Hungary and Singapore are of course near impossible, but surely it's just down to the cars. Lower Formula's don't seem to have trouble.

Tilke is the crowing turd in the water pipe in all of this.

(29-11-2017, 08:11 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Yeah, mine was more about rearranging the current calendar that adding/removing (m)any.

I quite enjoy Bahrain/Abu Dhabi/Sochi when playing F1 games, I think they’re decent enough tracks - for me. If I was going to axe any races I don’t find particularly exciting to watch... well then my calendar would only have 5 races per season!!

Not to go off at a tangent - but the problem is the cars, not the tracks. Sort the aero out, let the PU performance inevitably converge and close racing will follow as a matter of course

Man I hate Bahrain and Brazil in F1 2017. They are the only two tracks I hate driving, not because they are bad tracks, but I just could not get the car to work.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

"Officials at the Assen TT circuit have been told by FIA director Charlie Whiting that only minor changes are needed for the track to be suitable to host Formula 1 racing"

Really hoping this happens, my favourite rest & recuperation destination only two hours away. Wink

Max mad mania at S.P.A. so I can only imagine how amazing a Dutch GP would be.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I really don't want them to go to Assen.

F1's braking power is too high for asphalt, so they are rippling all the braking zones on tracks.
This is a MotoGP's track and an awesome one at that, always a great race. F1 turn up and will completely wreck the surface and make it even more challenging for MotoGP they are infinitely on the limit more than F1 drivers already.

Conspiracy nonsense alert: Gearing up a WDC for Max? Making sure they have a home GP to parade him around on : P
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

If you want to give the upcoming star a home GP (something I understand from a business point of view), go for Zandvoort. I always liked that small circuit (like the Red Bull ring in dunes). Maybe some small adjustments, but it works.
Place it on the calendar in a rainy season (not that hard for The Netherlands...) and you got a fun race I'm sure.

Here's the kid giving it a try already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KflbehFzlKU
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Hi Antilochos.

I was lucky enough to see Jos the Boss at Zandvoort in 2000 driving the Orange arrows doing a demo, (touring car race)I agree it would be better than Assen, bit sandy & windy but hey only a 20 minute train journey to the Dam. Wink

Really hoping for a Dutch GP. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(29-01-2018, 04:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Antilochos.

I was lucky enough to see Jos the Boss at Zandvoort in 2000 driving the Orange arrows doing a demo, (touring car race)I agree it would be better than Assen, bit sandy & windy but hey only a 20 minute train journey to the Dam.  Wink

Really hoping for a Dutch GP.    Smile

Anything better then another (very forced) city race, like they talked about for Rotterdam.
So lets just say sand and wind will give it it's charme...
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post