Croft, are you listening?

Logged on to post the Todt link. Beaten to it.

(15-09-2020, 01:27 PM)The Professor Wrote:  And now Jean Todt.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jean-todt-...erse-grid/

With so many detractors I will be surprised if this ever saw the light of day.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Don't let us down Stefano Laughing

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff...n=widget-6
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Reverse grid nonsense not happening

https://the-race.com/formula-1/f1-push-f...-defeated/

Thank f*ck for that!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(28-10-2020, 12:16 PM)morini Wrote:  Reverse grid nonsense not happening

https://the-race.com/formula-1/f1-push-f...-defeated/

Thank f*ck for that!

Amen  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Rang Sky this afternoon to tell them to stick their F1 channel ......t`was usual story and shifted from pillar to post and half way round India & Asia before getting a cockney lass in Retentions .......explained what I wanted and after much tapping of a keyboard she asked "may I ask why you no longer want the F1 channel?............"Because the commentator David Croft is an absolute f*cking whopper and I cant bare another season of him talking sh*te"... After a few moments laughing she said "Ive heard a lot of excuses to cancel our products, but not that one"

(I ended up binning everything but the basic package)

Im not a fan of C4 either so looks like I will be watching either Spanish or German coverage this season

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-02-2022, 07:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Rang Sky this afternoon to tell them to stick their F1 channel

Don't blame you for complaining as Sky is a horrible organisation. The problem is they have a monopoly on F1 in the UK and it is the only reason worth having Sky TV in the house at all. The only way I would leave is by ditching them entirely and moving to freeview / freesat, but then the complaints from wife and daughter would outway the benefits. They are used to the Sky Q user interface so moving to another platform would mean they have to learn a new way of doing things. Not worth the earache.

I'm surprised you can actually save that much cash by dropping a single channel though? Particularly as you also use them for phone / broadband (something I would not contemplate as there are much better options available). The alternatives for watching F1 in decent quality are basically full of compromises and not worth the hassle. A while back I built an android TV device to experiment with what's out there (there's a thread in the members only section somewhere) but it wasn't a great experience. I used it to watch a few MGP races but wasn't happy with the services I tried (and I tried several over a few months). It has been in a drawer for the past year or so.

To be honest with you, if you ditched sky F1 channel only because of the dire commentary team then there are easier ways around that issue. Mute the TV and turn on the radio Wink If it is down to cost then fair enough, but only if the saving is worthwhile (don't forget, even dodgy feeds require a sub to access). In Europe F1 TV is marketed at an acceptable price, but the service is not fit for purpose so I didn't really pursue that avenue when I was looking around.

I would be the last person on earth to recommend Sky TV to anyone as they are a bunch of money grabbing tw@ts. But how else can a person in the UK watch every F1 race with a "full quality experience" on a large TV? by that I mean full 2160p UHD with multichannel sound. You can try IPTV but you will still have to subscribe to a dodgy service and you will find the streams are not full UHD with low bitrate stereo sound. That may or may not be acceptable, I'm fussy about sound and picture quality though. If you accept the rip off costs then Sky remains the best way of watching F1 in the UK.

I'm always open to alternatives though, so if you can find a reliable full quality stream for £5 per month (about what I'd save by dropping the Sky F1 channel, I'd guess) let me know.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Hey M, you are 100% correct in all you have said, Sky f1 provides the ultimate service, no doubt about that, viewers have never had such access to high quality coverage, however the comms team have really ruined my watching of the sport....this may be trivial to some peeps but they proper wind me up and take away from my viewing pleasure.
As a family we dont watch a lot of telly, or when we do, its usually streamed via Amazon/Netflix/ A.nother, I had decided before last season was over it would be my last paying Sky £72 pm to hear Croft, Hill etc spout their drivel.
I have went from the "full fat" package down to the basic which amounts to £48 pm saving, or in layman's terms a couple of bottles of whisky a month  Big Grin , as I rarely watch race day live, by the time I get home on a Sunday evening it is possible to source several HD (good enough for me) catch up/recordings/streams via the app(s) I currently have.

My decision is not based on saving money......but saving my sanity  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

It is very easy to find pretty decent free streams. I dont think they would be up to Morini large format TV standard but certainly very watchable.

As much as I find some of the commentary predictable and boring. I have to give it up to Sky overall their package is very strong. Over here it is part of the ESPN family and hence is pretty much lumped in with most cable tv offerings. They of course use the sky coverage. The one thing they dont do is hang about for all the after race stuff which I personally find mostly interesting.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(06-02-2022, 07:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Rang Sky this afternoon to tell them to stick their F1 channel ......t`was usual story and shifted from pillar to post and half way round India & Asia before getting a cockney lass in Retentions .......explained what I wanted and after much tapping of a keyboard she asked "may I ask why you no longer want the F1 channel?............"Because the commentator David Croft is an absolute f*cking whopper and I cant bare another season of him talking sh*te"... After a few moments laughing she said "Ive heard a lot of excuses to cancel our products, but not that one"

(I ended up binning everything but the basic package)

Im not a fan of C4 either so looks like I will be watching either Spanish or German coverage this season

Pure class.

There should be an F1 ASMR feed. Track sounds only. This happens from streamers at testing (welll....did), absolute bliss.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(11-02-2022, 08:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  There should be an F1 ASMR feed. Track sounds only. This happens from streamers at testing (welll....did), absolute bliss.

Yup, I this is how motogp.com do it with the bikes, giving us multiple listening options, just renewed my sub...199 euro