Alpha Tauri

No hard feelings then  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-07-2023, 10:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  No hard feelings then  Tongue

Made us laugh, not expecting a new Bull contract then lol  Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

All-conquering Red Bull RB19 strongly rumoured to be staying on F1 2024 grid.

Red Bull’s RB19 could be back on the grid next year but with a different team with David Croft revealing there’s a rumour that AlphaTauri, or whatever they’ll be called, will “run this year’s Red Bull next year”.

And in the midst of all that, Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says the “co-operation with Red Bull Racing will be closer, also in terms of cost cap and synergies.”

But could that cooperation extend to AlphaTauri running an RB19 next season?

“And there are lots of reports that the plan is under whatever name they’re going to be, maybe Toro Rosso once again, that they run this year’s Red Bull next year.

“Which has happened before. Super Aguri ran a year-old Honda for instance. It works at the start of the season and you’d quickly get out-developed.

AlphaTauri running an RB19, a car they didn’t design and that includes parts they don’t own the IP for, would be a very grey area for Formula 1 to wade through as customer cars were banned from the sport in 2010.

Based on the breakdown of the listed team components (LTC), transferrable components (TRC), standard supply components (SSC) and open source components (OSC) the team would either buy the IP for some parts from Red Bull, or change bits and bobs on the car.

Given that the LTC list relates to “components whose design, manufacture and intellectual property is owned and/or controlled by a single competitor or its agents on an exclusive basis” that all but prevents the junior team from taking all the Red Bull parts.

Simply put, the design of these LTC parts must be all the team’s own work and not taken from rival outfits, and the definition also includes any historical work on the parts that acted as a foundation for them.

Given that three years ago the FIA took steps to eliminate so-called ‘copycat cars’ in Formula 1, four Red Bulls on the 2024 won’t go down well.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

We are Red Bull and we will do what we want.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(04-08-2023, 04:49 AM)NeilP Wrote:  We are Red Bull and we will do what we want.

Yup...

This is going to start a bun fight.   Wink

Alpha Tauri have been using Red Bull suspension since Singapore, within the rules? next year's car will be interesting...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-11-2023, 08:16 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Alpha Tauri have been using Red Bull suspension since Singapore, within the rules? next year's car will be interesting...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/re...cc84&ei=33

Red Bull’s strengthened ties with AlphaTauri emerge in new report.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well on the one side of things Red Bull have proven they can't consistently get both of their A Team cars on the podium or front row. So perhaps this is not so much a worry perhaps HOWEVER

AT have shown in the past that they can punch above their weight - So I could see them getting both of their cars into the top ten with Red Bull Tech behind them - probably more consistently so than Red Bull themselves get both A Team cars at the front.

So from that perspective this could indeed be rather worrying and annoying having 4 Red Bulls blocking out top ten positions next year.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

RB ‘already feeling a big step’ with increased Red Bull collaboration in 2024.   (PF1)

“Yuki said he was feeling great on the track [during the] first run with VCARB 01,” he said. “[It] went over smoothly. Already felt a couple of steps improvement compared to last year and a really big step I felt compared to the same time as last year.

“So it was good and super enjoyed with also new car with the new livery new team.”:

As for what part he felt had improved, Tsunoda highlighted the handling in particular had become easier.

Zak's gonna pop!   Wink

Ricciardo in expletive-laden rant at RB team-mate.      Laughing

It is widely conceived that the battle between Daniel Ricciardo and Yuki Tsunoda at Visa Cash App RB will likely be one of the most interesting team-mate battles of the 2024 season, with a seat at Red Bull potentially up for grabs.

Well, it got off to a fierce start, with Tsunoda being told to make way for Ricciardo, who proceeded to fail at getting past Haas' Kevin Magnussen in 12th place.

On the cool-down lap following the end of the race, Tsunoda made a lunge on Ricciardo into turn eight, presumably to prove a point.

Ricciardo was not happy with his team-mate's antics, labelling him a "f****** helmet" over his team radio.

"What the f***! I'll save it, he's a f****** helmet," he angrily proclaimed.

Amid the saga with team-mate Ricciardo, Tsunoda appeared audibly frustrated with the RB team.

The 23-year-old is well known for his radio rants, and this time opted for a more sarcastic approach, rather than the expletive-laden rants we have become used to.

Tsunoda simply said: "Yeah thanks guys, I appreciate it," after being told to let Ricciardo through while he was right behind the Haas of Magnussen.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post