Rob Smedley put his name to this?

Seriously?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...iH1Cz.html

Well, you gave me a good laugh anyway Rob!  Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I Know.....what a load of ol sh*te........Michael should have been P1 and Lewis behind Alonso Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

^^^  Laughing 

Prost at 20?  Shutup

Heikki Kovalainen? at 8?  Stop

Rob's been eating too many flapjacks.....    Dodgy

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(18-08-2020, 12:01 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ^^^  Laughing 

Prost at 20?  Shutup

I choked on my biscuit when I read that as I was laughing so much. Machine learning, eh? Maybe in the remedial class Laughing
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Well, you all might know how I think about the discussion of who is the best of all time; impossible to know, impossible (and even unfair) to compare drivers like Fangio with Hamilton, or maybe you can compare but you can't draw a conclusion who is better. At least not with the real top drivers (you may conclude Hamilton is better than Rosberg...). It is already hard enough to decide between drivers in the same era, forget about it doing that over all era's.

That being said, does this program take into account the age factor? I mean, drivers develop over time; get better when ageing and eventually degrading again when getting to old. Now you get a list with drivers who have not (yet) reached their prime, as well as drivers that unfortunately never got old enough to decline in driving skills.
And how about mentality. Now is complete different mentality (more professional, real athletes) then in the old days. That must be an influence as well (I don't believe they got the very best out of drivers in the old days and they are doing a better job today).

I better stop here because otherwise I keep going and what is the point of that.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(18-08-2020, 12:20 PM)morini Wrote:  
(18-08-2020, 12:01 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ^^^  Laughing 

Prost at 20?  Shutup

I choked on my biscuit when I read that as I was laughing so much. Machine learning, eh? Maybe in the remedial class Laughing

"Artificial Intelligence cannot compensate for Natural Stupidity" - a quote i heard a few years ago which seems quite apt in this case.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

What a load of garbage.

I have no issue with Senna at one because he was devastatingly fast. Too many current drivers and some that should not be on any F1 list.

I may be biased but no Nigel Mansell who used to challenge Turbo cars in his none Turbo... ridiculous

I do not know where I read it (I think BBC) but now Bottas has an many Podiums as Mika Hakkinen (who in my opinion should also be somewhere on this list!) Bottas and Hakkinen in the same sentence I dont think so!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post