2020 Spanish GP

Yeah, Ham went P1 with a scruffy S3. They have time in hand IMO.

[edit]
The slow down laps are laughable. Dangerously slow.

And ocon bins it in the end. You might have to re-evaluate your opinion on him Jody Laughing

Ah, it was K-Mag brake testing him.

We need minimum lap times in F1.

Magnusson needs to take a penalty.

(15-08-2020, 11:58 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  We need minimum lap times in F1.

Agree on the minimum lap times. They were all getting in each others way there because of the slow cool down laps.

Don't agree about the penalty. Ocon should have been more on the ball.

Agree Jody on min time lap, but still the drivers need to pay attention and this could have been avoided. The driver behind should've already choose position before the corner, knowing that the car in front can hit the brakes. That is my take here.

Again Ocon is disappointing. I understand why it happened, but like I said above it could've been avoided. Ocon was not thinking about what Magnussen was going to do next.
I wonder how long everybody keeps telling that this kid is a future star. His future has started a couple of years ago. All the other youngsters like Verstappen, Leclerc, Saintz, Russell and Norris are far ahead of him if you ask me. Ocon can drive, but he is missing some key elements time and time again. Not learning fast enough and I think Mercedes saw that in the time sheets as well when they let him go.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(15-08-2020, 12:04 PM)morini Wrote:  
(15-08-2020, 11:58 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  We need minimum lap times in F1.

Agree on the minimum lap times. They were all getting in each others way there because of the slow cool down laps.

Don't agree about the penalty. Ocon should have been more on the ball.

Should have done better but I feel that Ocon couldn't stop in time, was unsure if Kmag was continuing right cutting off that option and the Williams? coming up on the left and in the end ran out of thinking time, stamped on the brakes and went right at the same time. Bit of both kmag and ocon and circumstance for me.

Havent been watching the f1 this weekend so far guys, so you may well already have seen /heard this....The FIA has asked engine manufacturers to provide detailed information on the ERS architecture, as well as drawings and 3D-CAD views of all auxiliary circuits not belonging to the high-voltage circuit, by 21 August. In case of doubt, physical checks would be carried out, rumours circulating re a whistleblower coming forward to FIA.

Amus: Now there are apparently again doubts about at least one other of the top manufacturers power units!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-08-2020, 12:09 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Should gave done better but I feel that Ocon couldn't stop in time, was unsure if Kmag was continuing right cutting off that option and the Williams? Coming up on the left and in the end ran out of thinking time, stamped on the brakes and went right at the same time. Bit of both kmag and ocon and circumstance for me.

Yeah. he shouldn't have braked really, I'll give you that. But there won't be a penalty for it IMO. Or if there is I'd be putting it down to typical stewarding.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(15-08-2020, 12:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Amus: Now there are apparently again doubts about at least one other of the top manufacturers power units!

Well there are only 4 engine manufacturers, so which is it? Sensationalist, clickbait journalism at its very best.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(15-08-2020, 12:30 PM)morini Wrote:  Well there are only 4 engine manufacturers, so which is it? Sensationalist, clickbait journalism at its very best.

Could well be.....but if(?) the fia have requested the info, why now?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Anyone else listening to Sky and thinking it is good to have Rosberg giving Crofty grief about his twaddle and non-F1 shite and talking more about the reasons for things happening on track? Even the other presenters are egging Rosberg on....
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyB's post