2020 Spanish GP

Have Williams got a completely spare car then? Because they'll need it if they give Russell's car to Roy Nissany. He's had more crashes than a test dummy.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

Sebastian Vettel will get a new chassis for this weekend’s Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix after Ferrari found a “small fault” on his car after last Sunday’s race at Silverstone. (AutoSport)

“Sebastian will have a new chassis, because after the Silverstone post-race analysis, we spotted a small fault caused by a heavy impact over a kerb,” head of chassis engineering Simone Resta explained.

“It would not have had much of an effect on performance, but it was the logical decision to take.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Checo Pérez : I’m very lucky that I’ve only had mild symptoms, so I’ve been able to keep training and make sure that I’m ready to jump back behind the wheel of the car. It was hard to watch from the outside. I can’t wait to get on track, hopefully this weekend.”

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Dont think thats the last of the Hulk we've seen this year...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-08-2020, 06:19 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Dont think thats the last of the Hulk we've seen this year...

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think he gets another change this year.
But, I do think with last weekend the change to see him race again next season has grown enormous.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

I say that because he is a free agent, no? Should any driver test positive I see him taking the seat over any reserve driver.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-08-2020, 08:26 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I say that because he is a free agent, no? Should any driver test positive I see him taking the seat over any reserve driver.
I think every team has his own test drivers and driver program. I can't see them hire a free agent over their own drivers.
But, I also believe Hulkenberg is reserve driver, test driver or whatever for several teams at the moment (maybe three). But still, I don't expect drivers to be reckless with covid infection.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Checo has tested negative for COVID-19 and the FIA have confirmed he can enter the paddock today and compete this weekend.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mercedes has said they have concerns over blistering tyres at not just the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix but at the following round at Spa as well.

“I think we’d be foolish to say that we are not going to see this problem again and we are not going to see it in Spain,” trackside engineering director Andrew Shovlin said in Mercedes’ debrief video on YouTube.

“We need to be looking at solutions and if we can make good progress this week [to] try and understand exactly the nature of our problem and that’s why were we so much worse than the others, then I’d like to think we can get on top of it for Spain.

“But there’s no doubt Spain is going to be tough. Spa after Spain, that’s another very high-energy circuit where you can get blistering.

“Our focus in terms of performance is all about how can we get the tyres cooler, how can we avoid this problem.

“Hopefully we won’t see it again, but I think Spain will be a good test of whether we have made the progress that we need to.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Formula 1 race director Michael Masi has clamped down on corner cutting ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix by issuing new guidance to drivers on Thursday. (AutoSport)

The FIA previously moved to prevent drivers from gaining an advantage by cutting the corner at Turn 2 of the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya by placing a bollard in the run-off area for last year's race.

Any driver failing to negotiate Turn 2 properly after cutting across the run-off at the inside of the corner was required to stay to the left of the bollard before returning to the track in a safe manner.
But Masi has moved to further clamp down on this corner cutting by introducing new warnings for those repeatedly missing the corner and gaining an advantage.

"Each time any car fails to negotiate Turn 2 by using the track, teams will be informed via the official messaging system," Masi wrote in his pre-event notes issued to all teams and drivers.

"On the second occasion of a driver failing to negotiate Turn 2 by using the track during the race, he will be shown a black and white flag.

"Any further cutting will then be reported to the stewards.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post